Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal look like they are getting Laczette for 50 m plus
Proves CL football is not the be all for some players.
I know London is a big draw but IF Rom goes then we will need to spend a good chunk of it 50/70 million on a proven top class CF
Cavani or a player of that ilk.
If it means paying 200 k a week in wages then so be it.
All this talk of Dembele, Beradi etc just won't cut the mustard in a team challenging for top 4
Hell I'd even pay Zlatan 250k a week on a 6/8 month deal when he gets fit.

No chance anyone like cavani would join even for 200 grand a week.

Perhaps arsenal 20 years in champions league counts for something compared to our 0 years in it.

Perhaps arsenal 20 years in champions league counts for something compared to our 0 years in it.

I said Cavani or a player of that ilk not necessarily him
A proven top level scorer to replace Rom IF he goes.
Arsenal are not in CL this year and if they lose Sanchez and Ozil will struggle to qualify next year.
Their best hope is if Spurs implode playing at Wembley.
Laczette knows this and still signed.
If you pay the wages you will get a top level goal scorer is my main argument.
You can't replace Rom with Dembele or Ichenacho, too much of a risk.

To be honest Rom is a weird one. When he's on 100% he's virtually unplayable, however it seems when he's not arsen he scores a scrappy goal, and just wanders around.

I Love him, but god I hate him as well.
It's the same here. Such a talent and scores 25 in a season but I can't take to him because of his attitude and work rate. If he improves them he is then unplayable, unfortunately that won't be with us, if ever. Mourinho claimed this about him and he's right it seems.

It's the same here. Such a talent and scores 25 in a season but I can't take to him because of his attitude and work rate. If he improves them he is then unplayable, unfortunately that won't be with us, if ever. Mourinho claimed this about him and he's right it seems.

By all accounts neither Jose or Conte want him as their first.choice
Jose wants Morata and Conte wants Belotti
Will Rom sign for one of them knowing he is not the managers first choice

Arsenal look like they are getting Laczette for 50 m plus
Proves CL football is not the be all for some players.
I know London is a big draw but IF Rom goes then we will need to spend a good chunk of it 50/70 million on a proven top class CF
Cavani or a player of that ilk.
If it means paying 200 k a week in wages then so be it.
All this talk of Dembele, Beradi etc just won't cut the mustard in a team challenging for top 4
Hell I'd even pay Zlatan 250k a week on a 6/8 month deal when he gets fit.

CL is the be all for big players. Arsenal have had CL football for god knows how long, and chances are they will get top 4 again next season. It's hard to attract players like Lacazette when we haven't won anything in 20+ years, and chances of top 4 next year are slim, very very slim.

Reactions: DRM
I said Cavani or a player of that ilk not necessarily him
A proven top level scorer to replace Rom IF he goes.
Arsenal are not in CL this year and if they lose Sanchez and Ozil will struggle to qualify next year.
Their best hope is if Spurs implode playing at Wembley.
Laczette knows this and still signed.
If you pay the wages you will get a top level goal scorer is my main argument.
You can't replace Rom with Dembele or Ichenacho, too much of a risk.
Only if you have standing in the game. We don't, for all intents and purpose in the champions league era of football nobody knows who we are. If it means we have to go for your dembeles and top club rejects like batshuayi then that is what I believe we have to do.

We need to break the top 4 before we can attract that level of player, remember lukaku was not wanted at Chelsea so we got the chance.

CL is the be all for big players. Arsenal have had CL football for god knows how long, and chances are they will get top 4 again next season. It's hard to attract players like Lacazette when we haven't won anything in 20+ years, and chances of top 4 next year are slim, very very slim.

Well ain't you just a slap-my-thigh-and-call-me-susan fun type of guy full of hope and optimism?

It's the first day of the transfer window and you've got us failing next season.....jeebus

IMO Arsenal will struggle for top 4 next season esp if Sanchez and Ozil leave.
Chelsea City and United will in my opinion fill the top 3 slots and then it's Spurs ( providing playing at Wembley doesn't de rail them ) Arsenal the RS and us fighting for the other top 7 spots
So CL is not the be all for Laczette obviously

Chelsea City and United will in my opinion fill the top 3 slots and then it's Spurs ( providing playing at Wembley doesn't de rail them ) Arsenal the RS and us fighting for the other top 7 spots

Wow, the optimism in here is just overwhelming. Let's give up now eh lads?

Ozil will stay and Sanchez will probably leave, but they are still in a better position to attract top players. They won a cup just last season.

Wow, the optimism in here is just overwhelming. Let's give up now eh lads?

C'mon there are 6 teams above us with wayyyy better and bigger squads. Keane, Pickford, Klassen, and Sandro are very good signings, but none of those players would likely get in the teams above us. They will cement 7th, and give us a push in europe.

Well, that's this season over with lads...

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back