Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman...good choice for us?

• yes, he'll get us top 6 and stability

• no, it's uninspiring even if top 6 is back on

• josé on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then, lets look at his record at those clubs as well. At PSV, he took over Hiddink's squad and managed to spawn the league title (blowing a 12 point lead, and only winning it thanks to AZ messing up). At Benfica, he finished third in what is a three team league but he did win their version of the Charity Shield (Benfica had won the league the year before he was appointed). At Valencia, he took over a team in November that was at that time four points off the top of the league and which included David Villa, David Silva, Juan Mata, Ever Banega and Carlos Marchena and would probably have relegated them if they hadn't sacked him in April of the same season.

Twenty five million pounds for him.
25m ? Thought it was 7m a year. He fails he'll be out the door in year 1 - you know that as well as I do.

Its a three year deal that is being talked about, plus the compensation to Southampton.

If he gets fired in year 1 - which he will be according to your absolute certainty that he will fail miserably - there is no way we pay up the entirety of his remaining contract.

If he gets fired in year 1 - which he will be according to your absolute certainty that he will fail miserably - there is no way we pay up the entirety of his remaining contract.

Which is £10 million, for one season of bad work. Also even if we don't pay all of the rest, we will probably pay a very large chunk of it.

Also please note I do not have an absolute certainty that he will fail miserably, I am just trying to point out what his actual record is and suggesting that all that money could probably be spent better elsewhere.

Its £25 million - at minimum - to get someone in with the aim of moving us five places up the league. If you think that is a sensible use of that amount of money then I can see why my point baffles you.

With regards to the European spots, yes he has got Southampton there in the past two years - but in the one campaign he has actually taken part in, they went out in August. The one team we managed to properly batter this season was them.

As for the "special" managers, it would be nice to get one of them but I understand why they are probably out of reach - but there is the level below that which is where we should be looking to recruit managers from; those that are up-and-coming and those who have done well elsewhere. From that pool, I fail to see how someone who last won something meaningful ten years ago, and who has had big jobs and failed, and who is at one of the best run clubs in the country anyway, is the standout candidate. When you add in how much more expensive he would be that almost all of them, its incredible if he is the one we are in for.

If he does move us 5 places up the league , in the 3 yr deal that money will be gained back with the improvement on places.That pays his wages for 3 yrs if it works for him like at soton.6th place gets us Europe, more money and attract players.

Ino with the new money we are believing of success, koeman will improve defence get Europe and realistically, Europa could be our route into the CL with city,united, Chelsea all spending 150mill + a year so 5 teams going at 1 place (fourth).

I know a lot of people are focusing on his Valencia season, which was poor, but that does seem to be an anomaly in his managerial career. Has a reasonable win percentage otherwise (and possibly could be said overall):

image.jpg

I know a lot of people are focusing on his Valencia season, which was poor, but that does seem to be an anomaly in his managerial career. Has a reasonable win percentage otherwise (and possibly could be said overall):

View attachment 24302

His record screams of judas and failure.

Left Benfica after a season to join PSV only to get sacked after 18months to then get sacked after 6months at Valencia, to last another 6months at AZ. Moved to Feyenoord where he won naff all, joined Southampton to win naff all and finally to judas his way to a payday at Everton.

If he really was Moshiris top choice I hope the fella appoints a DoF as soon as possible cos he clearly hasnt got a clue about football.

Maybe we should think POSITIVE! People are complaining before we've even appointed the guy...or given him a fair chance. No, he's not Mourinho but we have to crawl before we walk..and we have to overpay to attract people to the club. Remember when City got taken over? They had to pay silly money to get the players they wanted. Chill, it's not our money anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.