Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Ross Barkley joins Chelsea, er, Villa on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s going to become one of the best midfielders around and it’s an absolute gutter that it won’t be with us
no mate, all the bigging up he's getting in the media because of an easy/obvious assist and a 2yd tap in doesn't paper over that he hides in games, gives the ball away too easily when under no pressure and can't run with his head up.

Yes but I openly admit to caring about how he does, I want him to be successful and hopefuly fulfil his potential.

Good for you mate, I loved the bones of the lad when he first broke onto the scene and the first year under Martinez. But he turned his back on us a long time ago, well before he left. He's no longer, up to yet, the player that beat people for fun with pace and skill, he plays more safe and conservative now and tbh, that would frustrate me to hell, with us knowing the way he used to play, without fear.
He's moved on and as fans I wish we could. I hold him no malice or ill will, in fact I am indifferent to what he does with Chelsea or anyone else, he betrayed us and if you think that leaves me as a jilted lover then fine.
What really pisses me off is the amount of Everton fans who fawn over him still and try to defend him and blame our club for him going. The truth is he wanted out and from that moment I lost interest in him. I believe the fellow we replaced him with, Sigurdsson is a far more productive player, who will score more goals and make more assists this season, in an inferior team, without superstars surrounding him. The way he left, left a bad taste and sadly that will always taint my memory of him.

The media narrative around him at the moment is pretty sloppy tbh. Lots of lazy pundits making inane comments such as Souness saying he never would have done what he did for Chelsea’s first goal whilst at Everton... clearly nonsense.

Only thing they’ve got in point is he does look a lot more in shape than he has in a long time.

The media narrative around him at the moment is pretty sloppy tbh. Lots of lazy pundits making inane comments such as Souness saying he never would have done what he did for Chelsea’s first goal whilst at Everton... clearly nonsense.

Only thing they’ve got in point is he does look a lot more in shape than he has in a long time.

Agree with every word of that, you would think it was the second coming of Christ the way some of them are reacting. He has played far, far better than that with us a number of times. He's just with one of the top six darlings.

Good for you mate, I loved the bones of the lad when he first broke onto the scene and the first year under Martinez. But he turned his back on us a long time ago, well before he left. He's no longer, up to yet, the player that beat people for fun with pace and skill, he plays more safe and conservative now and tbh, that would frustrate me to hell, with us knowing the way he used to play, without fear.
He's moved on and as fans I wish we could. I hold him no malice or ill will, in fact I am indifferent to what he does with Chelsea or anyone else, he betrayed us and if you think that leaves me as a jilted lover then fine.
What really pisses me off is the amount of Everton fans who fawn over him still and try to defend him and blame our club for him going. The truth is he wanted out and from that moment I lost interest in him. I believe the fellow we replaced him with, Sigurdsson is a far more productive player, who will score more goals and make more assists this season, in an inferior team, without superstars surrounding him. The way he left, left a bad taste and sadly that will always taint my memory of him.
I’m honestly glad you’re not bothered mate

Haha just heard this idiots interview on Talk Sport urging Hazard to stay at Chelsea, kind of funny hearing one player who refused to sign for his club saying another player should stay at his, his single brain cell must of been confused when he came out with that one

Perhaps he's stopped eating crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back