Transfer Rumour Ross Barkley

Should Everton re-sign Ross Barkley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is the objective for Moshiri now is probably 40 points until we're in the new stadium and he can get a return on investment - the purse strings are tied as we're past the Premier League FFP issue and still not spending and even if we do spend we're on course to not spend alot given the time that's left in the window - therefore signings like Barkley make sense. He's nowhere near good enough for a team wanting to break top 6 but for a team just wanting to get 40 odd points he's fine as is Tarkowski and other players we've been linked with. I think this is now the reality where Moshiri just wants 40 points minimum until the stadium is built and he can sell for a healthy profit - basically back to the days of Moyes without Moyes. Given that's the case I'd take Barkley no problem he'll add anywhere from 6 to 10+ goals and assists.

The reality is the objective for Moshiri now is probably 40 points until we're in the new stadium and he can get a return on investment - the purse strings are tied as we're past the Premier League FFP issue and still not spending and even if we do spend we're on course to not spend alot given the time that's left in the window - therefore signings like Barkley make sense. He's nowhere near good enough for a team wanting to break top 6 but for a team just wanting to get 40 odd points he's fine as is Tarkowski and other players we've been linked with. I think this is now the reality where Moshiri just wants 40 points minimum until the stadium is built and he can sell for a healthy profit - basically back to the days of Moyes without Moyes. Given that's the case I'd take Barkley no problem he'll add anywhere from 6 to 10+ goals and assists.
His stats for the last few seasons don't bear that out. When he was producing like that for us, he was young and playing virtually every minute of every game. The last thing we need in midfield is another injury-prone player perpetually struggling for form due to niggles.

Screenshot 2022-07-24 at 21.13.19.png

Not seen any other attacking midfielders linked with us after Gallagher and Gibbs White which both seem unlikely at this stage. Hope Thelwell's list is a bit longer than only Barkley left lol

Status
Not open for further replies.