Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

Most will say Sigurdson (who I do want). But when he doesn't turn up for a game the same problem will still be there.

Ross needs help when he's not effective and not "he needs selling for a better player."

We're too quick to blame our only two players with actual quality when they don't effect a game and forget about the other squad players
Those same 2 players that are being linked with Spurs, United and Chelsea. Instead of analysing their every movement and suggesting we should cash in and sign better players, we should be concentrating on building the side around these two. You are right, replace the other squad players in the side with quality that is the equal of Ross and Lukaku and we are serious contenders for a top 4 challenge.

No way would I have Sigurdsson, tried at Spurs and failed, if we are aiming at that level then we have to avoid such players. I agree bring in quality around him and we will see the best of him.

I think we need a squad with Europe and he'll be quick and easy buy that will add a lot.

Spend the big money on a centre half and a striker.

I think we need a squad with Europe and he'll be quick and easy buy that will add a lot.

Spend the big money on a centre half and a striker.
I get that, I guess he shouldn't cost too much if Swansea go down but I would not be buying him if it was to improve our first team, but he would defo improve the squad.

Those same 2 players that are being linked with Spurs, United and Chelsea. Instead of analysing their every movement and suggesting we should cash in and sign better players, we should be concentrating on building the side around these two. You are right, replace the other squad players in the side with quality that is the equal of Ross and Lukaku and we are serious contenders for a top 4 challenge.

Which is a major point.

I said the same about Deulofeu. Fully admit he may not be able cut it for this league, but the lad will more than likely be playing champions league football while we'll be relying on Bolasie etc to make us win things.

The big problems lie with the players no one wants - Mirallas, Kone, Jagielka, Valencia etc etc not the ones clubs are trying to buy from us.

Usual on here. We didn't win so it's Ross' fault. Was MotM last week but we draw an insipid game away from home in a lifeless stadium and any lack of creativity lands squarely at one player.

You know what? Fed up of the over reaction all the time. I go most games home and away and recognise every player can't be on it, every game, every pass, every decision. It ain't FIFA on a PlayStation.

Was it his best game? No. Get over it. All the sell sell mantra, not good enough brigade need to realise it's an investment in his career we are giving. He's one of our most improved and influential players and I'd like him to stay in Royal Blue for a long time yet.

Kone is out of contract and we have only Valencia on loan. There is a good chance neither will be here next season. Miralles would do a very good job, for the likes of Newcastle and Brighton who would want guaranteed premiership experience within their side. As regards to jagielka, I'd think you'd find there would be a number of clubs interested in jags. There are so few quality centre halves around, hence why we and West Ham spent the money we did on Williams and fonte.

This.

Most will say Sigurdson (who I do want). But when he doesn't turn up for a game the same problem will still be there.

Ross needs help when he's not effective and not "he needs selling for a better player."

We're too quick to blame our only two players with actual quality when they don't effect a game and forget about the other squad players
Absolutely brilliant post.

I get that, I guess he shouldn't cost too much if Swansea go down but I would not be buying him if it was to improve our first team, but he would defo improve the squad.
Sigurdsson would still cost a lot (in excess of 20m) should Swansea go down and not only would he enhance our squad, he would also enhance our starting 11.

Sigurdsson would still cost a lot (in excess of 20m) should Swansea go down and not only would he enhance our squad, he would also enhance our starting 11.
Not sure of that, maybe he's more consistent than Mirallas but to push us up to that next level? Got lost at Spurs, think he likes being a big fish in a small pond.

Not sure of that, maybe he's more consistent than Mirallas but to push us up to that next level? Got lost at Spurs, think he likes being a big fish in a small pond.
He's a more experienced and better player now, than he was at Spurs. He'd love playing in that current Spurs team at present, that there is no doubt b

Every time we don't win this thread is the busiest by some distance.

Why doesn't Gueye get it he hasn't been anywhere near his best since before then afcon but I'm not sure anyone ever says a bad word against him.
He (Gueye) was pretty poor today but this season he has probably been our player of the season alongside lukaku, who by the way was also poor today and people also tend to slag off. Ross has a lot of weight on his shoulders, it comes with being so talented, the pressure is on and people expect. Part of it for some I believe is that they recognize the talent which means when they don't see Ross at his best they will be more critical, hence the criticism Lukaku also receives. Stones I believe also got criticized a fair bit on here even before he wanted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back