Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, but lets be honest, you can understand people questioning him surely?

I am starting to wonder if he is just good against the lesser sides in the league, a bit of a flat track bully maybe as some might call it.

If he is a flat track bully I still think it's worth keeping hold of him. Let's be honest there are a lot of crap sides in the league that need putting to bed still, flat track bullies will do the job against them. Add two or three big game players who will turn up when it counts against the big boys and we'll be in business.

I am starting to wonder if he is just good against the lesser sides in the league, a bit of a flat track bully maybe as some might call it.

Fine by me. Then we get better attacking options along side him and when he is good enough to play bigger games he plays and when he is not he doesnt. In the meantime we enjoy him for what he is and stop beating him down for what he hasnt become.

If he is a flat track bully I still think it's worth keeping hold of him. Let's be honest there are a lot of crap sides in the league that need putting to bed still, flat track bullies will do the job against them. Add two or three big game players who will turn up when it counts against the big boys and we'll be in business.

Yep, but he has to want to stay first! I guess time will tell on that one.

I'd agree that he's over burdened. It goes without saying that we need strengthening on the wings and another striker. Koeman has done well to get us to 7th with this squad in my opinion and the amount of goals scored has been a welcome surprise
What we need mate are more creative players in our squad who can carry some of the ridiculous levels of expectation heaped upon Ross's shoulders every game. Guarantee you'll see a different player in Ross if that happens. (For the better I mean)

Big problem is Barkley's future potential was already made as soon as he put the shirt on. Far too many journalists and even our own fans have bigged him up and in reality i believe he will never reach world class status. Just like sunday, we might as well played with 9 men with lukaku and barkley in no mans land. In games against the top 6, Barkley needs to express himself more and look for that cutting pass that will give him the headlines. At the moment he seems to be in stale mate with other players in his position in the prem playing far better than him.

If he was at the top of his game every week he wouldn't have been an Everton player for the last two seasons.

Haha, if only he was intelligent as you. By the incredibly high standards that you set, I'm surprised that you find the time to post on grand old team. I see you as a leader of industry, maybe doing pioneering work in medicine.

I can't believe for a man of such high standards and intelligence that you could be doing anything but working at the top of your field. Your so intelligent I'm surprised you didn't become a self made billionaire and pip Moshiri to the ownership of the club last year if I'm honest.
You think intelligence goes hand in hand with asset stripping for an oligarch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back