Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's the only way he'll replicate 7th next season. That comes at a cost though: it'd seriously piss a lot of people off who view the cups as our salvation.
Would it not be better to win the Europa and finish, say for arguments sake, 9th or 10th? Or the league/FA cup and a decent run in Europa, quarters or semis say, and finish 9th or 10th? Or none of the above and finish 4th to 6th? All of the above end with us getting Europa or Champions league, the difference is that one doesn't yield a trophy. I know what I'd prefer. There's no trophy for league positions or record points gained except for 1st place.

If he's staying then Ross Barkley needs to be instrumental to our success next season and instrumental in pushing us beyond a mediocre 7th place finish with no trophy, he needs to be our creative outlet and main man in the middle of the park, other wise just sell him and get someone who can do it. For the wages he'll be on he shouldn't be a bench warmer. But it's not just down to the manager either, Ross hasn't been mediocre because of Koeman, maybe he's finding it hard to adapt to a new style of play, increased levels of fitness training and work rates expected. Under Koeman certain areas of his game have improved but he needs to kick on or leave.

I trust Koemans verdict, he's an ex pro and legend of the game and he thinks Barkley needs to man up and pull the finger out, he's said so publicly, and I'm inclined to agree. I think this tough love attitude will mould Barkley into a world beater if he just gets the head down, work on his overall game and take on board what Koeman is saying to him and training him to do.

Would it not be better to win the Europa and finish, say for arguments sake, 9th or 10th? Or the league/FA cup and a decent run in Europa, quarters or semis say, and finish 9th or 10th? Or none of the above and finish 4th to 6th? All of the above end with us getting Europa or Champions league, the difference is that one doesn't yield a trophy. I know what I'd prefer. There's no trophy for league positions or record points gained except for 1st place.

If he's staying then Ross Barkley needs to be instrumental to our success next season and instrumental in pushing us beyond a mediocre 7th place finish with no trophy, he needs to be our creative outlet and main man in the middle of the park, other wise just sell him and get someone who can do it. For the wages he'll be on he shouldn't be a bench warmer. But it's not just down to the manager either, Ross hasn't been mediocre because of Koeman, maybe he's finding it hard to adapt to a new style of play, increased levels of fitness training and work rates expected. Under Koeman certain areas of his game have improved but he needs to kick on or leave.

I trust Koemans verdict, he's an ex pro and legend of the game and he thinks Barkley needs to man up and pull the finger out, he's said so publicly, and I'm inclined to agree. I think this tough love attitude will mould Barkley into a world beater if he just gets the head down, work on his overall game and take on board what Koeman is saying to him and training him to do.
I agree that a cup win is way more preferable than anything outside 1st place....a view, btw, ridiculed two season's ago when we reached two SFs and posters on here said they weren't arsed.

WRD has just posted

The lad is being hung out to dry. From what I am told he hadn't been offered a contract until around 2 days before the Arsenal match. He is desperate to stay by all accounts, but has rejected the first offer as it was typically Everton low.

I honestly find that impossible to believe. Surely even we cant be that incompetent.

WRD has just posted

The lad is being hung out to dry. From what I am told he hadn't been offered a contract until around 2 days before the Arsenal match. He is desperate to stay by all accounts, but has rejected the first offer as it was typically Everton low.

I honestly find that impossible to believe. Surely even we cant be that incompetent.
Nothing should surprise you when it comes to Everton and financial dealings.

Poor from the board if this is the case

WRD has just posted

They want him out to fund the transfer window.

WRD has just posted

Don't believe that for one second.

Why didn't his agent come out and say he hasn't been offered anything? After all the commotion at RK s press conferences! utter bollox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back