Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought there were games where he looked absolutely boss last season (the player we all know he is) but he's still too inconsistent for me. I know some will say he's still only 22 etc, but IMO a player of his talent and quality should be doing a lot more in games. Hopefully we'll see a more confident, fitter Ross under Koeman, than the Ross under Martinez, especially from the second half of last season.

As you say, it will be interesting to see if Koeman thinks he's the real deal, because under Martinez, Ross had a free pass from any criticism, don't think he'll get that from Koeman.

...I'm not one to defend the lad usually but his goals and assists last season was a significant step up. Like almost everybody else, his form stagnated in the final third of the season for reasons we all know.

Just watching The Premier League Years 13/14 on Sky. Barkley was a different player - playing with an arrogance and a swagger, some superb goals. What did Martinez do to him? I hope under Koeman he can rediscover that kind of form again - he was a pleasure to watch.

Speaking of pleasure - that Demba Ba goal coming right up lol

Just watching The Premier League Years 13/14 on Sky. Barkley was a different player - playing with an arrogance and a swagger, some superb goals. What did Martinez do to him? I hope under Koeman he can rediscover that kind of form again - he was a pleasure to watch.

Speaking of pleasure - that Demba Ba goal coming right up lol

The lad knew he was the best player on the park every week. Needs to get back to that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...erton-midfielder-deliver-greatest-season.html

"He is one of the key players who is performing in an important position for the team. To create chances, scoring goals. But he also needs to show more responsibility in terms of the defending part of the team. That is one of the aspects in football where he can improve. I have spoken to everyone in pre-season, about football, about their position in the team and how we train. We have meetings and we explain. I have contact with everyone. But, okay, I have spoken with him. I have told him how I see Ross Barkley and where he needs to improve. He has been playing three, four seasons in the Premier League. Now show your quality. Not once every two months but every weekend. The responsibility is important for him to take. Put it on your shoulders. He is a very, very good player. The way he is training, the way he is playing is not a lack of confidence. He has responsibility. Of course he was disappointed not to play at the Euros. But, okay, he has to react in a good way. Show your quality for Everton and show the national coach he made a big mistake not to give you any minutes. Show your quality on the pitch. That is the only answer what I expect."

-----------------
I love what Koeam is saying. Finally some sensible words from our manager about Ross. I especially like the part when Ron says Barkley needs to show more in defense. So true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...erton-midfielder-deliver-greatest-season.html

"He is one of the key players who is performing in an important position for the team. To create chances, scoring goals. But he also needs to show more responsibility in terms of the defending part of the team. That is one of the aspects in football where he can improve. I have spoken to everyone in pre-season, about football, about their position in the team and how we train. We have meetings and we explain. I have contact with everyone. But, okay, I have spoken with him. I have told him how I see Ross Barkley and where he needs to improve. He has been playing three, four seasons in the Premier League. Now show your quality. Not once every two months but every weekend. The responsibility is important for him to take. Put it on your shoulders. He is a very, very good player. The way he is training, the way he is playing is not a lack of confidence. He has responsibility. Of course he was disappointed not to play at the Euros. But, okay, he has to react in a good way. Show your quality for Everton and show the national coach he made a big mistake not to give you any minutes. Show your quality on the pitch. That is the only answer what I expect."

-----------------
I love what Koeam is saying. Finally some sensible words from our manager about Ross. I especially like the part when Ron says Barkley needs to show more in defense. So true.
Will do him the world of good not having smoke blown up his ass constantly like under roberto

Needs to shoot more, but needs to play the same game for 90 mins, last year he would make runs first half, second he done those stupid one twos with about 5 different players about 3 yards apart. Maybe that was down to fitness which RK now has a handle on.

Needs to shoot more, but needs to play the same game for 90 mins, last year he would make runs first half, second he done those stupid one twos with about 5 different players about 3 yards apart. Maybe that was down to fitness which RK now has a handle on.

Yeah i think he needs to shoot more, ok he will waste a few, if he does just forget it and move on to the next chance and not let it play on his mind, Ross needs confidence, if he makes a mistake so be it, really hope out of all our players he is the one that really kicks on this season.

-----------------

It's going to be brilliant if journalists transcribe every time Koeman says 'ok' this season

Would love Ross to pick up a booking early on today for a unnecessary and painful foul on Alli. Then walk away without apology.

Can't see it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back