Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still getting to grips with 2 Barkley threads open but anyway

That's fine mate - I genuinely wasn't meaning to be dismissive, I just think - while we can question the manager - it wasn't a decision that, IMO, the game hinged on. If you see it differently that's fine.

I myself questioned Koeman for his tactics against Bournemouth. But personally I think he got it pretty much spot on on Saturday.

While I'd have liked to see Ross introduced, I can totally understand why he wasn't.

Saw it the complete opposite, Ross should have played against city, virtually half of an open pitch to play in....wouldv'e played the passes that Bolasie didn't.

Got to get the fear factor out of his system.

I still compare him to Rooney. When he was at our club, he was so nervous in front of cameras but, at utd they seemed to do media work and he became more confident. Wonder if the club works on that side of things then, he'll be a bit more relaxed?

Saw it the complete opposite, Ross should have played against city, virtually half of an open pitch to play in....wouldv'e played the passes that Bolasie didn't.

I still compare him to Rooney. When he was at our club, he was so nervous in front of cameras but, at utd they seemed to do media work and he became more confident. Wonder if the club works on that side of things then, he'll be a bit more relaxed?
It's not his confidence in front of camera that is an issue, it is his confidence on the pitch that is holding him back! If he turns into breadcrumbs every time the crowd moan, he will never thrive anywhere, because all fans do that? He needs a massive kick up the clacker and told to grow a pair!

Funny thing is I always get the impression that he's trying too hard to look intelligent when he's being interviewed, should just be himself, same with Rooney.

I always think this just cuts to the chase when some doubt the lad's ability.

barks.jpg

He's a colossal talent and any manager who cant get a tune out of that him needs a boot in the bollocks.

Koeman is saying what most on here have been saying for 18 months now. The question is can he? Maybe this is the best we are going to get. I would take him over most players in this league the way he is now

Koeman is saying what most on here have been saying for 18 months now. The question is can he? Maybe this is the best we are going to get and that not apnad tbf. I would take him over most players in this league the way he is now
No one has been saying that for 18 months though. Why would anyone last season, apart from the final two months, be saying that when he was in such fine form?

He's a colossal talent and any manager who cant get a tune out of that him needs a boot in the bollocks.

You're shifting responsibility away from Ross and onto the manager, but Ross has actually been given a lot if freedom over the last few seasons to play in his favoured role and position.

I think the managers have actually showed a lot of belief in him, with some reward, but not quite the return they would expect at this stage.

You're shifting responsibility away from Ross and onto the manager, but Ross has actually been given a lot if freedom over the last few seasons to play in his favoured role and position.

I think the managers have actually showed a lot of belief in him, with some reward, but not quite the return they would expect at this stage.
He's been given a role he really just adapts to. He's never a number 10, and neither Martinez (too much) or Koeman have played him with a holding midfielder as part of a CM two - wich is where he'd play from in an elite team.

He's been given a role he really just adapts to. He's never a number 10, and neither Martinez (too much) or Koeman have played him with a holding midfielder as part of a CM two - wich is where he'd play from in an elite team.

I don't think an elite team could trust him in that position, he loses the ball far too much.

I think everyone wants to see Ross doing well - one of the problems with us as a fan base is we hype our youngsters up too much and we measure everyone up Wayne Rooney. Wayne Rooney was a once in a generation player who should have been the best player in the world. The only reason he didnt become that was Sir Alex stifling him and making him in to a jack of all trades to do all the dirty work for Ronaldo rather than giving him the top billing he deserved. People see Rooney now and forget how talented he was.
As a barometer to held our other youngsters up to though it is grossly unfair to all of them and in particular Ross. Ross is a very good premier league player who should be a regular international. He has some amazing natural talent but evidently needs to feel loved and appreciated. Judging by Koemans comments saying that Ross gets more attention from him than most in training I fully expect to see Ross bloom again and develop into a better player who makes the right decision more than not. All the players now know that hard work is a requirement and not an option under Koeman and I think that being rested against City was a chance for Ross to look at how myself and what he needs to do and also koeman protecting him because he knows he's been getting dogs abuse not just from the fans but the media too.
I fully expect Ross to play and score today and actually impose himself more on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.