Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Round of 16 Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
All pretty tedious. Having underdogs get through to the last 16 is all very exciting in the group stage, but it leads to some fairly inevitable knockout games. Not that the Americans were not fancied to qualify out of that fairly weak group, but this has been way too easy for a very well-drilled but utterly functional Dutch side lacking flair.

All pretty tedious. Having underdogs get through to the last 16 is all very exciting in the group stage, but it leads to some fairly inevitable knockout games. Not that the Americans were not fancied to qualify out of that fairly weak group, but this has been way too easy for a very well-drilled but utterly functional Dutch side lacking flair.
You're not wrong.

Is that 2 assists for the same Denzel that a particular poster was very vocal on here saying he wasn't good enough for mighty Everton?

You're not wrong.
I wish I was.

I actually thought the Americans could do them on penalties - but even getting to penalties would seem a pipe dream now. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much. If we want heavyweight clashes, you need your heavyweights winning these games to set up big last eight confrontations. This second round of matches strikes me as being a wheat and chaff round where almost all of the expected winners will progress. There is no great intrigue. It may be the price we pay for a superb end to the tournament. Not that the Dutch appear to be all that good, to be quite honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back