Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think any team can get away with a forward line of Musiala, Sane, and Havertz and not expect a bomb to explode in its face at some point.

Musiala has loads of technical ability and very little brain. I don't see a whole lot of maturing from the same player we watched in 2022. If Germany are going to get through here, Nagelsmann needs to get a grip and get Füllkrug on and get over notions that Germany can win playing like Spain.

Regaring the lightning break, from the Guardian:

The referee’s not got everything right this evening, though. “On Danish TV the commentators and pundits have been very critical of the time it took to halt the game,” reports Lars Esbjerg. “In 2005 a Danish player was struck by lightning during a training match. He had a cardiac arrest but survived but lost a leg. His coach at the time: Kasper Hjulmand.”

I don't think any team can get away with a forward line of Musiala, Sane, and Havertz and not expect a bomb to explode in its face at some point.

Musiala has loads of technical ability and very little brain. I don't see a whole lot of maturing from the same player we watched in 2022. If Germany are going to get through here, Nagelsmann needs to get a grip and get Füllkrug on and get over notions that Germany can win playing like Spain.
I don’t know what position havertz is suited to play, but a striker he definitely isn’t.

Schmeichel has made two saves tonight - the Havertz header and the Havertz volley - that he knew nothing about. While he has to get full credit for doing his job and being in the right place to stop the header, the volley was saved in spite of himself, because his technique was so bad it hit him on the shoulder. A fluke save.

But when that kind of good fortune is coming your way...you could be Gareth Southgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back