Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean cost more than he has added, what utter ****e. He tries things! sometimes they come off some times they don't, that makes him exciting. if you want boring predictable safe football good for you.

And as for the game against city, the drenthe richards duel was a highlight.

Cheers. When I say he cost more than he added, I mean that, against Sunderland, he contributed pretty much nothing bar giving the ball away and at the end when he tried too many stepovers and lost it, he sulked and gave up even though with his pace he could easily have tried to win it back. I remember that game because he had forced his way into the team with exciting sub appearances and I was expecting good things from him. Against City he, although putting in a massive shift which has to be recognised, was really sloppy at times. Villa was the same.

In the premier league it's so much easier to get caught out than it is to do something special. Yes, he tries stuff but it often doesn't come off and in the premier league you get punished for that. I don't want boring, predictable football. I want us to win games. At the moment we're having a very hard time managing that. We can worry about playing like Brazil when the team are playing well and can therefore accommodate a player like Royston. Just an opinion, like, but I've tried to back it up with evidence so if you'd refrain from calling what I say "utter sh*te", that'd be great.

his only weaknesses are overplaying and poor decisions making, he has all other attributes to make a very good player, we just need someone to coach hi, who we prob dont have...

Munch munch munch. Of course I don't think that.

But he does need to track back more when he loses the ball upfield because he tried something ridiculous.

Nah, it was a figure of speech/metaphor kind of thing. I don't actually think he's caused more against than for, but we have conceded 2 or 3 due to his downright stupidity.

He does track back though.

Yes he loses the ball sometimes when trying to beat a man, but that's because he's trying to beat a man. It's a lot harder to lose the ball when all you do is the halfway line crab shuffle and only pass backwards.

He does track back though.

Yes he loses the ball sometimes when trying to beat a man, but that's because he's trying to beat a man. It's a lot harder to lose the ball when all you do is the halfway line crab shuffle and only pass backwards.

True. Contrary, in part, to what I said before, he doesn't lose the ball nearly as much when he's on the right as he's far more dangerous and hard to stop when he cuts inside. Since Donovan has come he's played on the left and he isn't as effective there. Hopefully when Donovan goes back Royston can get a few games there and force Moyes' hand.

Admittedly I've just done that, but I think what's most stupid is that people took my words literally. It was obviously a figure of speech.

I'd say you being massively wrong looked more stupid than me being overly literal in my place-putting knowledge drop.

Bitch.

Cheers. When I say he cost more than he added, I mean that, against Sunderland, he contributed pretty much nothing bar giving the ball away and at the end when he tried too many stepovers and lost it, he sulked and gave up even though with his pace he could easily have tried to win it back. I remember that game because he had forced his way into the team with exciting sub appearances and I was expecting good things from him. Against City he, although putting in a massive shift which has to be recognised, was really sloppy at times. Villa was the same.

In the premier league it's so much easier to get caught out than it is to do something special. Yes, he tries stuff but it often doesn't come off and in the premier league you get punished for that. I don't want boring, predictable football. I want us to win games. At the moment we're having a very hard time managing that. We can worry about playing like Brazil when the team are playing well and can therefore accommodate a player like Royston. Just an opinion, like, but I've tried to back it up with evidence so if you'd refrain from calling what I say "utter sh*te", that'd be great.

The reason for this is because we are so boring and predictable, this has got us into this positiion.

How? by saying he gave the ball away against sunderland and in your opinion was sloppy against city. You haven't backed anything up its your opinion.

How many games have you been to this season and been completley bored, i think mine is every one except maybe city. its like a breath of fresh air when he is playing and you can feel the excitment in the crown when he is coming on as a sub.

He could have easily had three assists against Villa with better finishing. Wasn't his best all round game by any means but he's always a threat. People say alot of things he does don't come off yet he's assisted eight goals and scored two himself in limited appearances. It doesn't really add up, he's clearly doing something right in the final third.

The reason for this is because we are so boring and predictable, this has got us into this positiion.

How? by saying he gave the ball away against sunderland and in your opinion was sloppy against city. You haven't backed anything up its your opinion.

How many games have you been to this season and been completley bored, i think mine is every one except maybe city. its like a breath of fresh air when he is playing and you can feel the excitment in the crown when he is coming on as a sub.

I did say that I thought that Royston was noticeably better on the right and I'd bet that's where his assists have been coming from. Until Donovan goes though and Pienaar is on the left, he can't get in to the team. Personally I'd move Landon to behind Jelavic and Drenthe to the right but I don't think Moyes will do that as having those two as wide men worked really well in 09.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back