Rugby World Cup 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't expect to get into and enjoy the tournament as much as I did. Great stadia, refreshing officiating, some controversy, aus handed their ass, some good play, some close matches, a time zone that suited me, and weekly it was something to look forwards to. If the French get the Olympics right as well or even better than this, next summer will be a knock out.

Didn't expect to get into and enjoy the tournament as much as I did. Great stadia, refreshing officiating, some controversy, aus handed their ass, some good play, some close matches, a time zone that suited me, and weekly it was something to look forwards to. If the French get the Olympics right as well or even better than this, next summer will be a knock out.
The opening and closing shows could have been less, ummmm.... 'French artsy fartsy' and a bit more butch...

But that's me just me knit-picking...

@Rita_Poon while the All Blacks have been gracious in defeat as is usual for them, their fans on social media have resorted to the usual kopite-like whinging and crying. @Walken called it a while back and he's spot on. They won't think SA won, they will continue to say NZ lost it or Wayne Barnes won it.
Social media is the equivalent of piles, definitely best avoided. And the no marks giving it large from their phones or whatever are the same minded farage cultists that everywhere produces via stupidity and entitlement. Bin em, bin em all.

Social media is the equivalent of piles, definitely best avoided. And the no marks giving it large from their phones or whatever are the same minded farage cultists that everywhere produces via stupidity and entitlement. Bin em, bin em all.
It's a cesspool of toxicity... Avoid it and enjoy the rest of your Saturday night.

Everton are only playing later tomorrow. Still enough time to enjoy your weekend before they ruin it.

It's a cesspool of toxicity... Avoid it and enjoy the rest of your Saturday night.

Everton are only playing later tomorrow. Still enough time to enjoy your weekend before they ruin it.
We get an extra hour, ;) ,I've lager in the fridge and got my booze-shoes on last night. We're away tomorrow so it's a free hit.

That's a forward pass...!
Fantastic. I love rugby at the top level with all that tension. SA managed to keep NZ pegged back in the last stages. De Klerk was outstanding.
👍Piling into tackles against opponents nearly twice his size and weight; tap tackle that was crucial in the second half; blocked a kick that would have pushed SA back quite a bit; making correct judgements when to feed or kick. A real rugby brain and a great player.

Couldn't understand why the All Blacks didn't kick the pen they got to bring it back to 3 points early 2nd half.

As said at HT: they did look like the only team that could get a try there tonight.

If that had been 15 v 15 all game they win that final.

Man.. the AB’s stood up in that 2nd half with 14 men to make it a lot closer than it looked like it would be going in HT.

SA controlled that first half so well, given how they normally kick on in the last 20 I thought we could really get some breathing space between us. We took the first 10 mins and looked like scoring try and came flipping close on the right wing with the little grubber.. but then NZ took the next 20 mins and we just couldn’t get control back. Losing lineouts was really hurting us and kept giving them momentum. That’s NZ scrum is the first scrum not to go backwards this World Cup.. brilliantly competitive.

In the end SA play to win. If you looking for champagne rugby in a final you’re watching the wrong sport. The Boks play for something bigger than themselves. They put it on the line and defensively were immense.

Call out to PSTD, one of his best ever matches. He won player of the year in 2019 and could be the player of the tournament… Except for Kwagga who turned the France and England games at the breakdown in our favour. In my opinion he won us the WC in the QF and SF.
Pollard coming into the squad after Marx injured, after not playing for 13 months for an ACL.. just think about that..

Brilliant from the Boks.. over the course of the full game well deserved!

Federer's there in a SA shirt... neutrality my arse!

Federer’s mom is a pure blooded Saffa.. hence his allegiance

SA with just pens in the final, have been second best in all of their knockout games and grimmed and gamed their way with favourable reffing. Utter dud of a tournament

Is that you Matt Williams?

Our loss in the cricket world cup final (2019) hurt me deeper....but I am feeling this loss. Age has lent me 'the sun rises tomorrow' philosophy...but I am hurting.

I know the pain.. 1999 SF run out of Allan Donald.. those scars have never left the collective cricket psyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back