Ryan Ledson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you can look at a player and just know they have something. Rooney, rodwell, Barkley, even the lesser Osman and Hibbert.

Ledson IMO is the same. It's more a matter of when not if. How good he will be is anyone's guess. Could be brilliant, could be average....

The things people are saying on this thread, Jesus Christ! If you look at the numbers that have made it in the past, it is likely that no one in the current u21s will make it to play for the first team. We have only had 2 academy graduates that have made it in the last 10 years (might be wrong). We are all desperate to see players make the step up but the truth is that it is so so hard to do. I have watched quite a bit of Ledson for Everton and England U19s and he looks good, but thats it at this stage. Don't make crazy assumptions based on your own eagerness for EFC to find the next wonderkid. Give the lad a chance to develop and just see how he goes.

Ofcourse it is hard to step up and the vast majority won't make it however I think you will see one every season for the next 3 or 4 years make it.

Martinez is willing to trust youth more plus we've been putting a lot of focus on the academy and like Southampton our academy is considered one of the best.

e.g I think Garbutt from what I've seen is good enough this season and his biggest issue is only that the two fullbacks ahead of him are Oviedo and Baines.

I'm torn between these two. Reckon another win builds that little bit more momentum. But points at United gets us really going in the league again. Dunno.
Get wins, then rotate if tired.. Surely 2 a week isn't too much to ask. If it was late season, it'd be different for me, but rotation hasn't brought us any joy so far :/

Get wins, then rotate if tired.. Surely 2 a week isn't too much to ask. If it was late season, it'd be different for me, but rotation hasn't brought us any joy so far :/

I don't think it's the game itself but the travel. I would think a long plane journey is not ideal for recovery from a match.

United scalp is still a shot in the arm for us though. If we take it like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back