Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Sad News - Our friend, Roydo

I was only thinking about Mark yesterday. Off to Ashton Gate on Tuesday with my son & grandson for the England U21. He went there quite a lot with his Dad I think.

…yep, Bristol lad was Roydo.

I often think of him too, I have his address in the diary next to me but it’s usually other things that remind me of him. He’s no longer with us but is clearly in our thoughts.

…yep, Bristol lad was Roydo.

I often think of him too, I have his address in the diary next to me but it’s usually other things that remind me of him. He’s no longer with us but is clearly in our thoughts.
This.

Things he said, how he said them, memories of past conversations about things/places, loads of little things that ordinarily wouldn't mean anything but it those bits that remind you of him almost daily.

Shine on pal 💙🕊

This.

Things he said, how he said them, memories of past conversations about things/places, loads of little things that ordinarily wouldn't mean anything but it those bits that remind you of him almost daily.

Shine on pal 💙🕊
You're absolutely spot on @tommye ;) I never met @roydo nor ever spoke with him (other than through this forum) A few weeks ago however I was speaking to somebody in the pub who mentioned 'Clapton in Gordano' I'm pretty sure I would never have heard of the place if it wasn't for @roydo (Clapton in Gordano tourist board ambassador) 💙

This.

Shine on pal 💙🕊
Roydo/Mark was a gent. Really one of the finest people ever on this forum. Sadly never got the chance to meet up with him. There were plans to do that, when I would visit Bristol on my groundhopping journeys. Sadly wasn't meant to be. A 100% sure he would've made an even bigger impression in real life, than on this forum.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back