Safe Standing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjuk87

Player Valuation: £10m
Safe standing has now been officially approved. Will Everton be taking part in this next season? I wonder how many other clubs are?

I'd absolutely love it at Goodison. Make our final 2 years there atmospheric!

"All clubs in the top two tiers of English football will be allowed to introduce safe standing areas next season after the government approved the move.

Several clubs have already said they will be signing up to introducing the areas after a pilot study in April found they could be safe and improve the viewing experience.

The report concluded that the installation of barriers or rails in areas of persistent standing in seated areas has delivered a positive impact on spectator safety and improved fans' matchday experience in both home and away sections.It found standing areas had multiple benefits including making goal celebrations more orderly with no opportunity for forwards and backwards movement of fans, reducing the risk of fans falling on those around them."
ITV News

….would never be for me at any stage in my life watching footy but I know it appeals to many so this has to be a sensible decision as long as it’s safe.

I suppose the issue with Goodison is what happens to folk who have a current season ticket in the area being adapted. Be good to see at the Old Lady before the move.

I doubt it massively, due to the cost and how close we are to moving to a new stadium. it would be great to incorporate it into the new stadium though. Looking at the German stadiums like Dortumnds it is 81,365 when it’s set up for safe standing and 65,829 when it’s all seater. So it would be great if the Bramley Moore capacity of 52,888 could be increased in some sections for certain games or have the “home end” be all standing so that the overall capacity could be 60,000

I doubt it massively, due to the cost and how close we are to moving to a new stadium. it would be great to incorporate it into the new stadium though. Looking at the German stadiums like Dortumnds it is 81,365 when it’s set up for safe standing and 65,829 when it’s all seater. So it would be great if the Bramley Moore capacity of 52,888 could be increased in some sections for certain games or have the “home end” be all standing so that the overall capacity could be 60,000

It's on a 1:1 basis isn't it so it doesn't increase capacity?

Must be different from the safe standing rail seating in Germany then. I have seen some versions of the Bramley Moore plan that says “Rail Seating” in the lower sections at both ends of the stadium so maybe it’s more for atmosphere than for added capacity, if it’s just 1:1.

That’s how it was at Stamford Bridge when we played down there last December. Just rails installed between the rows of existing seats.

Seems a bit of a waste to spend the money installing it at Goodison with only two seasons left to play there. Besides, the Gwladys Street seemed to be basically a standing area for most of last season anyway, particularly the lower middle sections.

That’s how it was at Stamford Bridge when we played down there last December. Just rails installed between the rows of existing seats.

Seems a bit of a waste to spend the money installing it at Goodison with only two seasons left to play there. Besides, the Gwladys Street seemed to be basically a standing area for most of last season anyway, particularly the lower middle sections.
Yes took my daughter to a few games last season went in the gwladys street for one of the games and was stood all game and she had to stand on the seat all game was ridiculous tbh .

Safe standing has now been officially approved. Will Everton be taking part in this next season? I wonder how many other clubs are?

I'd absolutely love it at Goodison. Make our final 2 years there atmospheric!

"All clubs in the top two tiers of English football will be allowed to introduce safe standing areas next season after the government approved the move.

Several clubs have already said they will be signing up to introducing the areas after a pilot study in April found they could be safe and improve the viewing experience.

The report concluded that the installation of barriers or rails in areas of persistent standing in seated areas has delivered a positive impact on spectator safety and improved fans' matchday experience in both home and away sections.It found standing areas had multiple benefits including making goal celebrations more orderly with no opportunity for forwards and backwards movement of fans, reducing the risk of fans falling on those around them."
ITV News
I can only think of the park end or paddock where this is possible. The people at the back of the street end won't be able to see if they do it there

It's all a load of bollards because Everton won't do a bloody thing. Just like they haven't done a bloody thing at Goodison bar a few licks of paint since the early 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.