Salary Cap / Luxury Tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think clubs should be allowed to spend whatever they like..
If that pathway were followed it is likely that Everton would almost certainly have no realistic hope of ever becoming a truly successful club again.
No matter how much we spent our outlay would always be dwarfed by the ‘elite ‘ clubs and since spending currently directly correlates to success our future would be very bleak indeed.

Any agent or "parent" fees should be the responsibility of the player. In baseball the agent gets you a contract and he takes X% of that contract as his fee. There should be no "Haaland wants 500k a week and I want 50m for him" BS that is everywhere.
It would just change to "Haaland wants 500k a week and a 50m signing on bonus"

If that pathway were followed it is likely that Everton would almost certainly have no realistic hope of ever becoming a truly successful club again.
No matter how much we spent our outlay would always be dwarfed by the ‘elite ‘ clubs and since spending currently directly correlates to success our future would be very bleak indeed.

No different to now to be honest.

If you've still got City paying their squad 15x what Norwich pay theirs nothing is fixed
Unless there is a hard cap, there wont be a playing field and that's not gonna happen.

a handful of teams are buying up all the young players w/ no intention of ever suiting them up and IMO its one of the main drivers of transfer fees going out of control. You are say someone like Zach Steffen, you want that City $$$$, then fine hoof it in the reserves til the end of your career.

Unless there is a hard cap, there wont be a playing field and that's not gonna happen.

a handful of teams are buying up all the young players w/ no intention of ever suiting them up and IMO its one of the main drivers of transfer fees going out of control. You are say someone like Zach Steffen, you want that City $$$$, then fine hoof it in the reserves til the end of your career.
I don't even think it has to be a hard cap necessarily but some type of salary cap system that prevents the wage imbalances that have taken hold over the last two decades is needed. It doesn't have to be as strict as the NFL where there is a number that everyone stays below to work I don't think but I'm not really an expert on that kind of thing.

I don't even think it has to be a hard cap necessarily but some type of salary cap system that prevents the wage imbalances that have taken hold over the last two decades is needed. It doesn't have to be as strict as the NFL where there is a number that everyone stays below to work I don't think but I'm not really an expert on that kind of thing.
I just think its hard to legislate unless its a hard cap, and the big clubs will immediately exploit it and find loopholes.

That being said they would prob do the same w/ loans.

very good point, see Chelsea, don't know how many teams they've actually got on loan, :Blink: but they usually don't stay in the reserves, they just loan them, loan fee's. If they become top class they play them, some they sell on for top fee's much more than they bought them for. And so the never ending circle continues. Chelsea and the top six in general, have the commercial clout and pulling power, Champions league, to attract the top young talent and that makes FFP redundant to them and prevents other teams catching them. FFP the perfect system for them and probably designed by them, super league has been here for ages lads, it's just been hidden, but blatantly used and there's nothing the rest can do about it.

This will be manipulated by the oil clubs.

City were already found out to be diverting player image rights to a carribean tax haven to keep those image rights off the wage bill.

City are the only club in Europe to create a 2nd company house, they diverted all non playing staff over 600 people including executives to keep them off the wage bill that they turn into UEFA for the turnover, every club will create 2nd company houses and do the same to increase wage spends to 70%.

Qatar and Abu Dhabi will also divert players wages to their state owned banks to get around, it will also be something they could and will do no doubt.

Both of those clubs do is cheat cheat cheat, it's such a pathetic way to rein in these clubs, it will fail because it will be easier to get by than what FFP was.

Football was ruined when oil money came into the sport.

While I'd object to certain terminology, I make you right on moat of this. What I would way through, with PSG now firmly at the centre of UEFA following the Super League shambles, that is very much the point. It will be deliberately set up to be easier to get by.

Does anyone think, they will take the median value, add 10% and say that's the soending limit? Making it a fair field for everyone, like in American sports?

I haven’t thought much about salary caps and suchlike as I don’t think the elite clubs around Europe will ever permit it to happen, they have too much to loose. But radical change is required, my first thoughts are limiting the number of players you can have. Each club would have a defined number of contracts, at various levels, this would stop teams from buying up loads of players and then lending them out or keeping them in their reserve sides. It would have to be a generous number of contracts. I would limit the number of players you are allowed to loan out, this would allow you to develop talent. I would introduce a wage structure, if a player is given £100,000 per week, he gets 25% every week, if he plays he gets another 25%, if he plays and the team wins he gets the rest. Make it important that the players have to play and that they have to try and get a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.