2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was meant as an impact sub, what impact exactly would he have? You wouldn't chuck him on with 20 minutes to go and needing a goal because he isn't a goal threat.

You wouldn't chuck him on with 10 minutes to go if you were holding onto a lead and needed someone who was great defensively or willing to work the lines. He's immobile so does neither.

You wouldn't set up a team to counter attack with 15 minutes minutes go because he can't hold the ball up and bring others into play.

So what is he meant for? He does nothing that is the bare minimum required. I honestly don't care that he was on a free or people saying Benitez hands were tied so didn't have a choice.

He purchased this fella with seemingly no idea on how fit he was and what he would/wouldn’t contribute. The signing absolutely stinks, similar to the Niasse signing where your thinking "has this fella even been scouted or have we been mugged off".

Every manager gets the odd signing wrong, but this signing is off the absolute scale and the fact he keeps playing him is absolutely criminal. I wouldn't want to be an Everton player right now with that slug up front not putting in the hard yards and giving me an out ball or relieving the pressure by holding it up and bringing others into play.

Absolutely dreadful and questions need to be asked of Benitez in the press about how long he's willing to continue to select a player that is 100% hindering us both tactically and in performance.

If he was meant as an impact sub, what impact exactly would he have? You wouldn't chuck him on with 20 minutes to go and needing a goal because he isn't a goal threat.

You wouldn't chuck him on with 10 minutes to go if you were holding onto a lead and needed someone who was great defensively or willing to work the lines. He's immobile so does neither.

You wouldn't set up a team to counter attack with 15 minutes minutes go because he can't hold the ball up and bring others into play.

So what is he meant for? He does nothing that is the bare minimum required. I honestly don't care that he was on a free or people saying Benitez hands were tied so didn't have a choice.

He purchased this fella with seemingly no idea on how fit he was and what he would/wouldn’t contribute. The signing absolutely stinks, similar to the Niasse signing where your thinking "has this fella even been scouted or have we been mugged off".

Every manager gets the odd signing wrong, but this signing is off the absolute scale and the fact he keeps playing him is absolutely criminal. I wouldn't want to be an Everton player right now with that slug up front not putting in the hard yards and giving me an out ball or relieving the pressure by holding it up and bringing others into play.

Absolutely dreadful and questions need to be asked of Benitez in the press about how long he's willing to continue to select a player that is 100% hindering us both tactically and in performance.
How he never put Dobbin on for the

How he never put Dobbin on for the last 15 minutes is beyond me, him and Gordon have loads of pace to worry defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.