2022/23 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm just praying that there are some embarrassed posters in here by 2.15 tomorrow.
We are in the position we are in. We shouldn't be of course, but we are.
As things stand Rondon will probably start tomorrow. Not ideal by a long chalk, but if he starts I will certainly be rooting for him.
I just get the feeling that some posters are actually willing him to fail.

He'll need a fan in this weather.

Heard that blue Bill had rung up Chester Zoo to see what they use for the elephants.
I'd sign an elephant rather than play rondon. However I reserve my right to withdraw this statement should he score (Rondon that is not the elephant).

The lack of respect in here for our only “fit” striking prince is deplorable, big Sal is slotting tomorrow. At Everton the loudest boos are reserved only for the players we love the most Salomon…

I'm just praying that there are some embarrassed posters in here by 2.15 tomorrow.
We are in the position we are in. We shouldn't be of course, but we are.
As things stand Rondon will probably start tomorrow. Not ideal by a long chalk, but if he starts I will certainly be rooting for him.
I just get the feeling that some posters are actually willing him to fail.

He's absolutely crap Kev but trust me if he scores tomorrow and contributes to a win I'll be absolutely buzzing because an Everton win means a happy macca.

As i said before, no one will be able to jump on their high horse and say "I told you so" because all he's offered the last 12 months is 500 different ways to laugh at a player who looks absolutely finished at this level.

Now, if he slots about 12-15 goals this season and contributes to the team doing well, THEN people will be able to say "I told you so"

Seemed to me that Lampard was avoiding any suggestion that Rondon would play, in his presser.

Garbage as it is (though probably preferable to playing Rondon), I think we'll see Gordon up front again. The only way that might not happen, is if Frank follows up his vociferous praise of Iwobi's versatility by banging him up top. Which he won't.

He's absolutely crap Kev but trust me if he scores tomorrow and contributes to a win I'll be absolutely buzzing because an Everton win means a happy macca.

As i said before, no one will be able to jump on their high horse and say "I told you so" because all he's offered the last 12 months is 500 different ways to laugh at a player who looks absolutely finished at this level.

Now, if he slots about 12-15 goals this season and contributes to the team doing well, THEN people will be able to say "I told you so"
We are both hoping he doesn't play enough games to score 12-15 goals this season.
I'm in full agreement that he's not good enough and I certainly wouldn't claim that even if he gets a hatty tomorrow. What I'm saying is that SOME people seem to be hoping he fails just so THEY can say "I told you so"

I'll be honest Joe, I don't think he looks too bad physique wise

He doesn't look like he guzzles burgers that's for sure

…I reckon he’s a fit as he can be. He looks a good trainer from all the clips I’ve seen but what you see on the pitch is what you get & it’s not due to a lack of fitness.

He’s just built like a fridge, immobile and slow. The problem is he struggles to get into the box to get on the end of crosses, particularly away from home. We saw that at Brentford last season when chasing a goal and balls fizzing across the box with Rondon on his heels unable to get on the end of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.