2022/23 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 1 thing we have to be happy about is getting rid of a player that didnt even play for us.

Great stuff.

You said name 1 thing...were in the Rondon thread.

He was listed and paid as a first team player -- based on your own "squad thread".

Its been challenging to move out similar players in the past. So much so that Thelwell should rightly be praised for this.

You said name 1 thing...were in the Rondon thread.

He was listed and paid as a first team player -- based on your own "squad thread".

Its been challenging to move out similar players in the past. So much so that Thelwell should rightly be praised for this.
Your point was that the poster has nothing good to say about Everton.

Neither do I, the fact that getting rid of Rondon 6months early is considered a plus just makes me even sadder.

Rondon is clearly the 1 who made this happen, so I dont see why we should priase Kopite Kev.

Your point was that the poster has nothing good to say about Everton.

Neither do I, the fact that getting rid of Rondon 6months early is considered a plus just makes me even sadder.

Rondon is clearly the 1 who made this happen, so I dont see why we should priase Kopite Kev.
I think this has to be partially true but apparently weve been trying to move him out for months.

As for the poster in question, if you can find 3 positive posts from them id be amazed.

I can find 3 from you very easily.

Highlight for me was when he came on v Brentford. 2-3 down, 10 minutes left, absolutely vital relegation points at stake.

Gets sent off within a minute for a ludicrous 2 footed challenge on the half way line.

One of the worst players I’ve ever seen at Everton.
THAT was when his Everton career should have ended, not this week.
How on Earth did he get get to put an Everton shirt again after that?

I instantly like players a lot more that terminate their contracts to go play football.

He has instantly elevated himself above Besic, Tosun, Sigurdsson, Bolasie etc.

….i suspect this deal is very much in Rondon’s financial interest. i’d be very surprised if he’s leaving without a golden handshake & I’d be even more surprised if he’s not lined up a very lucrative ‘Bosman’ and fancy contract somewhere. I doubt we’ll see him signing for Tranmere just to get a game.

The trick is moving players on with a financial package that appeals to them, & I imagine that’s what’s happened here.

….i suspect this deal is very much in Rondon’s financial interest. i’d be very surprised if he’s leaving without a golden handshake & I’d be even more surprised if he’s not lined up a very lucrative ‘Bosman’ and fancy contract somewhere. I doubt we’ll see him signing for Tranmere just to get a game.

The trick is moving players on with a financial package that appeals to them, & I imagine that’s what’s happened here.

I don't doubt that, but what is sure is that it has cost less than the remainder of his contract or he would be staying. The others mentioned milked every last penny out of Everton to the detriment of their careers. Players who just want the money are the antithesis of what a football player should be considering how short their careers are.

Status
Not open for further replies.