Save Fellaini for Derby clashes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_in_london

Player Valuation: £10m
Read about this dilemma for Moyes and got me thinking – do you risk playing Fellaini against Hull with him being one yellow away from a ban, ruling him out of both league and cup clashes with the [Poor language removed].

I'm swaying towards saving him, although hate saying that as I'm a believer of always playing your strongest side...

David Moyes faces a dilemma this weekend on whether to play record signing Marouane Fellaini against Hull. “Felli” has picked up a booking in the majority of games he’s played so far and is one away from his 10th of the season. Should Fellaini play against Hull and get booked he will be suspended for 2 games, ruling him out of the crucial clashes at Anfield in both the league and the FA Cup.

Moyes has Victor Anichebe back so could stick with the side that beat Macclesfield at Moss Rose. Fellaini however has been an integral part of the side and with Everton facing consecutive league games against Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United, the game against the Humbersiders has now become a “must win”. Should Fellaini sit out the Hull game and get booked in the league game at Anfield, he would still be available for the FA Cup 4th round tie against Rafael Benitez’s side. It’s a tough decision and one that I do not envy Moyes for having to make.

What would two yellows vs hull mean? apart from a red in the game and an auto 1 match ban thereafter - but - would it null the 2 game ban for 10 yellows?

Also, what are the stats on the rest of the squad, Lescott supposedly has 4 yellows, what is the state of cautions for the rest?

Rest of the squad's fine as far as yellows go - Yobo, Jags, Neville, Osman & Pienaar are all on 2.

This is according to the Fantasy PL anyways...

Lescott's been on four yellows for 5 games now. I'm sure he will get through, the man who can't tackle will not. Rest Fellaini.

If he gets booked doesn't he miss both Derbies? We can't afford that. He will get booked, he always does.

I think we can beat Hull without him. If we can't then where [Poor language removed].

What would two yellows vs hull mean? apart from a red in the game and an auto 1 match ban thereafter - but - would it null the 2 game ban for 10 yellows?

Also, what are the stats on the rest of the squad, Lescott supposedly has 4 yellows, what is the state of cautions for the rest?

No, there are no ways to cheat the system other than deliberately picking up yellow cards so as to be banned for certain games. If he got two yellows against Hull he'd be banned straight away for the red, then serve a two game ban for having picked up ten yellows and be up to eleven on his way to a three game ban at fifteen. I also seem to remember reading that getting booked ten times not only gets you banned for two games but also a SERIOUS TALKING TO and fifteen was even worse. He just needs to stop getting booked, it's not hard, he's just being an idiot.

ye obviously we need felliani to come back into the squad for the games against liverpool
n i reckon we can afford to give him the hull game off n put him on the bench just incase, with anichebe back we can go back to the good old 4-4-1-1 n let cahill play off him

From what I've seen the amnesty that wipes cards clean doesn't come into affect until after February. I can't see him going the whole of January without picking up a booking, so I'd rest him. I will teach him not to pick up too many bookings.

Only a moron would play Fellaini against Hull.

we tied them the last time we played them (away, where we've been doing much better this season) they beat arsenal and tottenham, tied manchester city and portsmouth, and are in 8th place.

lets think about if it wasn't liverpool we were playing, lets say the exact same players but it was another club and they were in 1st in the league. so we had a game against a team in 8th place, arguably one of our competitors for a uefa cup spot, and then two games against the 1st place team, one who we haven't beaten at their home ground in a very long time. all the emotions related to the derby aside, who would you prioritize?

Keep him as a sub for Hull, incase we fall behind. I would keep him as a sub for the [Poor language removed] league game as well and start him in the cup.

I think we are going to be pretty much locked in to 6th by the end of Feb so I don't think the league is that important. Would rather concentrate on the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.