• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
I'll second that. There's nothing else to say apart from @davek's wee GIFs are pretty accurate. There has been a mad drop in form. If I'm right, we won all our games in Jan, then Feb, then our rear-ends collapsed. Ross County fully deserved that win yesterday.
Ross County as you say 100% deserved to win that game , the thing that grates and is difficult to get your head around is that absolute lack of urgency from the team straight from kick-off, which continued throughout.
Clement seemed to totally underestimate the task in hand yesterday and sent a team out that unbelievably didn't seem to be prepared for an opposition that were massively motivated, aggressive and totally committed, how a side 7 games from a potential title win are not ready or prepared to deal with that challenge at such an important stage in the run-in (and seemingly looked like they believed that they just needed to turn up to win!!) is the major worry and quite incredible tbh.

Ross County as you say 100% deserved to win that game , the thing that grates and is difficult to get your head around is that absolute lack of urgency from the team straight from kick-off, which continued throughout.
Clement seemed to totally underestimate the task in hand yesterday and sent a team out that unbelievably didn't seem to be prepared for an opposition that were massively motivated, aggressive and totally committed, how a side 7 games from a potential title win are not ready or prepared to deal with that challenge at such an important stage in the run-in (and seemingly looked like they believed that they just needed to turn up to win!!) is the major worry and quite incredible tbh.
I admire your honesty, much as it's been difficult tonight for Everton supporters Sunday was difficult for you guys as well.
I don't watch a lot of the old firm, generally when they play each other so I wouldn't know how strong a team that was that Clement put out plus I only saw the game from half time.
From that short-time though I saw a Ross County who obviously raised their game massively and score 3 well crafted goals.
All is not lost completely , the old firm game will be crucial but not straightforward they rarely are, Celtic had a Jekyl and Hyde display in the last one, plus there may well be points dripped by them in their other games.

I admire your honesty, much as it's been difficult tonight for Everton supporters Sunday was difficult for you guys as well.
I don't watch a lot of the old firm, generally when they play each other so I wouldn't know how strong a team that was that Clement put out plus I only saw the game from half time.
From that short-time though I saw a Ross County who obviously raised their game massively and score 3 well crafted goals.
All is not lost completely , the old firm game will be crucial but not straightforward they rarely are, Celtic had a Jekyl and Hyde display in the last one, plus there may well be points dripped by them in their other games.
Still all to play for as it stands but if I'm being totally honest the signs are there (once again!) that we can't deal with the pressure and expectation at the business end of winning a title and are beginning to crumble!!
Only hope is that Sunday was the boot up the erse needed to galvanise this side into something resembling a team that is desperate to win the title, I as you can see have my doubts but obviously ' hope to feck !' that I'm totally wrong.

As we all know though, it's the hope that kills you!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back