SCRAP VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its damned if do dammed of don't really. It just feels more outrageous and harder to take when they have multiple viewings of all angles and all the time in the world and come up with a wrong decision.

But left up to the refs the decisions are more ridiculous and they hide behind the fact they seem it in the moment
I just don't understand the 'it's fine, it's just bad refs' argument, when in actuality, all VAR is is more power to those bad refs.

The solution is simple: get rid of it. Allow refs to just be crap in real time again.

I was just reading about that and I am utterly clueless of what the rule means. So I guess that puts me in the “rules changing too much and over complicated”
This, and the delay, every time a goal is scored, waiting to see if it’s five minutes of review.

Both remind me in a bad way of American football which of course I grew up with but I find increasingly unwatchable. Footy’s simplicity by comparison beautiful. Don’t muck it up with this protractor—and-magnifying glass crap

The type of VAR used in rugby union is clear and unambiguous as the officials can be seen and heard by all to come to a decision
The fact is that VAR checks in secret and comes to incomprehensible decisions , such as CL Final and a swathe of Everton ( and I'm sure other clubs) related decisions is the problem
But curiously from what we see these decisions don't go against Liverpool and Man City?
The secrecy of corruption?

I just don't understand the 'it's fine, it's just bad refs' argument, when in actuality, all VAR is is more power to those bad refs.

The solution is simple: get rid of it. Allow refs to just be crap in real time again.
It's corruption hands down. We all know its corrupt before var but the refs had a get out excuse. Var has hovered a NASA grade microscope lens over the corruption. If they are claiming that city handball is just incompetence than whoever made the decision needs to be put into care. Never mind being instantly sacked.

The problem isn't VAR. The problem is the officials. They're bent and VAR just exposes how bent they are.

Besides VAR look at the ridiculous off side rule where a linesman doesn't flag until the forward has dribbled 20 yards into the box, took a shot, scored a goal, celebrated with the team and then glanced around to see the flag suddenly go up and it was all for nothing. Stupid stupid rule.

The technology isn't the problem, it's how it is being used. Blaming technology is like blaming hammers because an electrician whacked your sockets because he didn't have a screwdriver. VAR should be restricted to penalty box incidents only. Penalty shouts, goal line dilemmas, etc. The rules are different in the penalty area anyway so it's imperative that it's correct.

Putting my tinfoil hat on now it's almost as if they're deliberately making a hash of VAR so that they can scrap it and go back to being bent without these glaringly obvious fouls, handballs and shirt pulls being exposed.

I was just reading about that and I am utterly clueless of what the rule means. So I guess that puts me in the “rules changing too much and over complicated”
If the goalie charges out then you need 2 defenders back so that the striker is onside. Benzema was in an offside position due to Allison coming out to make a block.

The argument is whether Fabinho deliberately played the ball, which I believe he did, and that's where the controversy is. If an opponent plays the ball then the striker is played back on side. If it is a deflection then he is still offside, like how accidental handballs don't get given.

So they determined that Fabinho, in the act of making a tackle, did not deliberately play the ball. Even though he went for the ball and won the ball. It bounced off a Madrid player and on to his trailing knee so they then determined that a deflection making Benzema offside.

Honestly I think they deliberately make the rules complicated so they get the benefit of doubt when they want to interpret a rule in whichever way suits them. Like with the afore mentioned handballs and the stupid t-shirt rule. For me, if your arms are raised and the ball would not have hit another part of your body then you have committed a handball, it needs to be a cut and dry rule like that. There should be special consideration for when attackers deliberately attempt to play the ball off an opponents are to gain a foul. Same as when forwards stick a leg out in an unnatural way to draw a foul.

The rules are crap, they're deliberately complicated and it always always benefits the biggest and wealthiest clubs.

If the goalie charges out then you need 2 defenders back so that the striker is onside. Benzema was in an offside position due to Allison coming out to make a block.

The argument is whether Fabinho deliberately played the ball, which I believe he did, and that's where the controversy is. If an opponent plays the ball then the striker is played back on side. If it is a deflection then he is still offside, like how accidental handballs don't get given.

So they determined that Fabinho, in the act of making a tackle, did not deliberately play the ball. Even though he went for the ball and won the ball. It bounced off a Madrid player and on to his trailing knee so they then determined that a deflection making Benzema offside.

Honestly I think they deliberately make the rules complicated so they get the benefit of doubt when they want to interpret a rule in whichever way suits them. Like with the afore mentioned handballs and the stupid t-shirt rule. For me, if your arms are raised and the ball would not have hit another part of your body then you have committed a handball, it needs to be a cut and dry rule like that. There should be special consideration for when attackers deliberately attempt to play the ball off an opponents are to gain a foul. Same as when forwards stick a leg out in an unnatural way to draw a foul.

The rules are crap, they're deliberately complicated and it always always benefits the biggest and wealthiest clubs.
Thanks for that, I actually now understand the decision, but blimey so unnecessarily complicated. What if it had hit his foot but he didn’t kick it, would that also have been a deflection? Feels like we wouldn’t get that decision in a month of Sundays.

I think the best thing for Everton FC to do is to treat the entire football establishment as if it is bent. As if every referee is in the pocket of the big clubs and engaging in a bit of spot betting to boot. As if every decision will go against you and as if every player is engaging in the use of performance enhancing drugs.

I know that sounds really bleak, really cynical, but the way we've been operating in good faith has been disastrous.

Thanks for that, I actually now understand the decision, but blimey so unnecessarily complicated. What if it had hit his foot but he didn’t kick it, would that also have been a deflection? Feels like we wouldn’t get that decision in a month of Sundays.
Exactly mate, when you think about it then the most logical conclusion is that the rules are made deliberately complicated so there is maximum wiggle room for the referee to interpret how they, or the footballing PTB, deem fit

It's a load of garbage and needs to be abolished. What's the point of the system when it still manages to get loads wrong?

And that's before we even get to we as fans not being able to celebrate goals properly in case there's a 'var check'.

I follow cricket and rugby league as well and technology works fine in those sports but it's clearly incompatible with football. Just get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.