SCRAP VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said offside in real time so wasn’t complaining when it got ruled. Just a weird experience not to celebrate a derby goal as it goes in!
This is the tragedy of var. I didn't celebrate the goal, indeed I rarely do now until the game restarts with the kick-off.

It has sucked the spontaneous joy from the game, I would rather the occasional wrong call than the sterility that has come intkbthe game now ( and I was a big advocate of using video initially due to the success in rugby and cricket).

Its about passion and passion has been quashed.

This is the tragedy of var. I didn't celebrate the goal, indeed I rarely do now until the game restarts with the kick-off.

It has sucked the spontaneous joy from the game, I would rather the occasional wrong call than the sterility that has come intkbthe game now ( and I was a big advocate of using video initially due to the success in rugby and cricket).

Its about passion and passion has been quashed.
When it is used like in rugby and cricket it has a chance. as it is it is another layer of unknown jobsworths calling the shots from a bunker somewhere. Shambles!

Lol at Peter Walton's explanation of why Van Dijk's challenge wasn't worth the VAR looking at.

Something along the lines of:

It's all about where the force of the connection comes. Here Van Dijk's boot has connected with the shin but has then SLID DOWN THE SHIN TO THE FOOT, so the force is with the foot rather than the shin, and that's a yellow card.

Honestly, the stuff he comes out with is incredible comedy. Always serves as a good reminder why they're terrified of letting refs do interviews.
Exactly. The v nature of the tackle is dangerous and next time, the player on the receiving end might not be so lucky.

Immediate unilateral ditching of VAR would be great. They will argue it changes the rules mid season, but who cares?
But it doesn't solve anything because the same crap referees will be making the same crap decisions.

'VAR' is simply video replays. They work in every single other sport that they are used in, because they are used correctly and with full disclosure. There's no reason why the same couldn't happen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back