2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
536d1337f76650b72d70b042de76e523.jpg

If it's only minor they wouldn't even mention hamstring

…as somebody dogged by hamstring injuries they truly are of varying degrees. Senior professionals will know a tight hammy is one to be wary of as it could result in a pull or even tear. They don’t push them.

Hopefully it’s just a tight hamstring from muscle fatigue and he’ll be fine in 10 days. I’d be more concerned if he pulled up in the last game and had to come off (not sure if that was the case).

OK mate . Ya heard he's having it amputated and targeting the next paralympics
I hope he isn't badly injured, but point being the fella is thirty-three playing in one of the most demanding positions in a football team and playing international football on top. The fact we haven't brought in a right-back of similar quality is negligent.

…as somebody dogged by hamstring injuries they truly are of varying degrees. Senior professionals will know a tight hammy is one to be wary of as it could result in a pull or even tear. They don’t push them.

Hopefully, it’s just a tight hamstring from muscle fatigue and he’ll be fine in 10 days. I’d be more concerned if he pulled up in the last game and had to come off (not sure if that was the case).
Hopefully, I'm just fearing the worst. I am just still annoyed we haven't planned for this inevitability...

I would play Kenny if he's injured. It's a little drop off but Coleman has been poor in games over the last 2-3 years. I don't want Godfrey there as if he's fit he's part of our best CB combination and I don't think Holgate should play there as he is in a crisis of confidence which will only get worse if he has a bad game and we may yet still need him at CB this season. Coleman should have played the first and third games for Ireland to give him rest. 2 games that close together for a 32 yo was too much of a risk.

I would play Kenny if he's injured. It's a little drop off but Coleman has been poor in games over the last 2-3 years. I don't want Godfrey there as if he's fit he's part of our best CB combination and I don't think Holgate should play there as he is in a crisis of confidence which will only get worse if he has a bad game and we may yet still need him at CB this season. Coleman should have played the first and third games for Ireland to give him rest. 2 games that close together for a 32 yo was too much of a risk.
Kenny isn't good enough. I agree Godfrey is one of our best CBs but given Holgate/Keane have started most games, I am guessing he will be shoehorned there. This is why Godfrey being back up at full backs is a big issue if we get injuries he gets shunted away from where he should be playing. If Mina is fit maybe a Mina/Keane partnership works better against Burnley?

Kenny isn't good enough. I agree Godfrey is one of our best CBs but given Holgate/Keane have started most games, I am guessing he will be shoehorned there. This is why Godfrey being back up at full backs is a big issue if we get injuries he gets shunted away from where he should be playing. If Mina is fit maybe a Mina/Keane partnership works better against Burnley?

If Coleman is the only defender missing I would play Kenny Mina Godfrey Digne as my back 4. With Townsend at RW at least it should be better cover than James would provide. Don't ask too much of Kenny and I think he will cope. If they expect him to bomb forward at every opportunity he will come unstuck. I think Keane and Holgate only started so many due to injury and illness situation. We should not be in this position.

Yep. He was playing pretty well for us too. Typical. Get well soon Seamy. I expect him to be playing on a scooter when he returns to the starting lineup.

And I can’t blame Seamus obviously. The international managers don’t give a damn about keeping guys healthy as the breaks are weeks apart and it doesn’t affect them in any way if our guys miss a week or two in the league. I hate international qualifiers.

Holgate's started the season pretty well. I'd imagine it'll be him over Kenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.