2023/24 Seamus Coleman

Hopefully gets the send off he truly deserves against Sheffield United,think this season will be it for Seamus in all honesty,the injuries have finally caught up with him.

I hope so mate, wouldn't want his last season to be similar to that of Hibberts where it was almost a token gesture and he was never available.

By all means retain him as a coach in some capacity if he has all of his qualifications and he starts from the bottom and works his way up, but as a 1st team player I don't think it does anyone any good when he's available for 1 or 2 games and then he has a groin issue or a hamstring issue

No mate, in my opinion not everything is about his appearances. It's that he motivates the team, liverpool game for instance. Anyways, whatever happens I hope he won't be treated like Phil Jagielka

This does not deserve a new contract. If you want him to stick around let him coach or do stadium tours.

This does not deserve a new contract. If you want him to stick around let him coach or do stadium tours.

The stadium toursis very disrespectful. He has done everything for this club, and he as a result he has people saying things like this. Not a way to treat you captain. Completely respect you opinion but come on you can’t be so bad towards him

The stadium toursis very disrespectful. He has done everything for this club, and he as a result he has people saying things like this. Not a way to treat you captain. Completely respect you opinion but come on you can’t be so bad towards him

He could’ve retired from international duty years ago and saved his legs if he loved the club so much. It’s not like he’s had any tournaments to entice him is it, he’s been playing 90 minutes in friendlies and dead rubber qualifiers against Gibraltar.

Forgive me for caring more about the financial health of my football club more than Seamus Coleman's personal account.

Why disrespectful? He's very personable, a great ambassador for the club and most blues would feel honoured by his presence. Perfect fit.

I suspect coaching might be his preferred route after playing but I think he's perfect for a Graham Sharp role as long as he doesn't become a patsy on the board.

Why disrespectful? He's very personable, a great ambassador for the club and most blues would feel honoured by his presence. Perfect fit.

I suspect coaching might be his preferred route after playing but I think he's perfect for a Graham Sharp role as long as he doesn't become a patsy on the board.
Or bum pandas

I think many of the fans have the mentality that we cant sell our 'best' players because in some cases they are considered 'heroes or good servants'.

But if we had sold Pickford as an (example) last summer and now had Verbruggen and Wharton I would be far more confident about the future.

With Coleman, if we had sold him when he was 28 ish at peak value we could have replaced him with a lot more conviction than where we are now.

Its just sensible business. I find it mind blowing that since Moshiri took over weve only seemingly had a scattergun approach.

Doesnt seem to matter who the manager or DOF is...
Ah I get it now, you cop some stick for the hindsight stuff and the imaginary signings all working out perfectly fairytales.