2024/25 Seamus Coleman

I have time for Seamus. He is a great guy. He is one of the most loyal servants to the club ever and could have been an actual legend had we progressed as we should have. But we didn’t. He is a victim of the club’s his ego has been gassed up by the team and media. He means well and I can’t get mad at him for that, but I wish he would quit with all of his insufferable comments and the club would stop wheeling him out for PR. It’s just sad what they have done to my boy.
'loyal servants' 😂

Always pushes my buttons!

I have time for Seamus. He is a great guy. He is one of the most loyal servants to the club ever and could have been an actual legend had we progressed as we should have. But we didn’t. He is a victim of the club’s brainwashing and his ego has been gassed up by the team and media. He means well and I can’t get mad at him for that, but I wish he would quit with all of his insufferable comments and the club would stop wheeling him out for PR. It’s just sad what they have done to my boy.
The guy is out for himself and himself only - haven't you all realised that by now?!

They are remarkably quick to fund the GAA, mind.

This is where city TDs need to make their voices heard. Let's not pretend a lot of the rural types have the best interests of the "foreign sport" at heart.
"Handy ball" my late father used to call it.

And don't even get me started on the poxy Rugby.

My village in Ireland, Lucan, has always been a football village, thank Jayzuz for that.

Typing this from St James in Antigua 🇦🇬 - close to my Antiguan village of football - Parham.

Which one is me?

team.webp

He’s played a blinder, he’s been well below par for at least 5 seasons yet he’s managed to create a rhetoric that he’s the greatest ever blue because he kisses the badge when we score and he gives rallying cries in the changies.

Despite being dreadful on the pitch, managers and fans alike hold him in some sort of special regard and think his wages are justified due to the above. Fair play, he’s done it well.
He's convinced himself that he's a legend.

I see Rafael Varane is about to retire so shortly after joining Como FC. He's realised that he's had one injury too many and isn't prepared to just sit on his mega money contract as he knows the money is completely insignificant to him.

Wonder why Seamus continues to take money from Everton knowing that every passing week his reputation and legacy gets tarnished further.

Retire ffs.

I see Rafael Varane is about to retire so shortly after joining Como FC. He's realised that he's had one injury too many and isn't prepared to just sit on his mega money contract as he knows the money is completely insignificant to him.

Wonder why Seamus continues to take money from Everton knowing that every passing week his reputation and legacy gets tarnished further.

Retire ffs.

He probably thinks he doing us a favour

"Handy ball" my late father used to call it.

And don't even get me started on the poxy Rugby.

My village in Ireland, Lucan, has always been a football village, thank Jayzuz for that.

Typing this from St James in Antigua 🇦🇬 - close to my Antiguan village of football - Parham.

Which one is me?

View attachment 274143
There is at least 4 GAA.clubs around Lucan

Explain this bit Taifi.
Yanks, was the "redistribution" of Dundalk's prize money.
GAA was if you remember the FAI was too at ease of making demands of the GAA, gaslighting campaigns in the press, trying to create pressure on the GAA. Demanding access, talking about hosting events without the grace to ask unlike the IRFU. Within weeks of the Liam miller debacle, the press started covering the issues around Delaney, article after article having given him a pass for years. Untouchable to a passive government intervening within months.

Yanks, was the "redistribution" of Dundalk's prize money.
GAA was if you remember the FAI was too at ease of making demands of the GAA, gaslighting campaigns in the press, trying to create pressure on the GAA. Demanding access, talking about hosting events without the grace to ask unlike the IRFU. Within weeks of the Liam miller debacle, the press started covering the issues around Delaney, article after article having given him a pass for years. Untouchable to a passive government intervening within months.
God yeah, you are right. Soccer has never had its house in order like the GAA fundraising and facilities wise.

It will be a while before we are producing more Seamus Colemans on a regular basis.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back