2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're on the verge of a Dyche era that'll match the Moyes era.

Just what we need for the foreseeable is no frills, hard to beat football that picks up 40 points well before Easter.
He's potentially a better manager than Moyes IMO, in the sense that he's not a coward like Moyes is. Whether he goes on to achieve here what Moyes did is another question though obviously.

….I like that he hasn’t been too romantic in his descriptors of the club. Uncomplicated man, he seems to have assessed the players he can rely on, although he took his time bringing Mina in (probably didn’t trust his injury record).

I expect he’s put his shopping list in & I wouldn’t be surprised if it looks like this;

1) An effective back-up striker.
2) A creative, goal scoring wide player.
3) A new LB.

He’ll be chatting with individuals over the next few days, telling certain contracted ones that they’re not in his plans (Holgate, Maupay, Simms, Godfrey to name a few).
I like the fact that he actually seems angry right now. Knows exactly what needs to be done.

We're on the verge of a Dyche era that'll match the Moyes era.

Just what we need for the foreseeable is no frills, hard to beat football that picks up 40 points well before Easter.
The right man for the job.

It's all very well saying "go and get so-and-so in", but said so-and-so may not be a good fit. Sean Dyche is one thing we have at the moment that isn't broken.

You cant look at things in isolation. He walked into a toxic environment, the club at civil war, fans chasing players down the road, a club that had just sold and was in the process of selling their best players, without replacing any of them, a club getting cut adrift on 15 points in the relegation zone, with a performance level of consistent awful. The club was a skip fire when he took over. Hes been magnificent and never once, got too high or too low, hes radiated confidence and fighting spirit - but also been realistic, he doesn't spoof, hes honest and authentic, hes backed himself, hes backed his methods to get the job done at a big club - in one of the most adverse circumstances in the clubs history and you know what - he did it.

Proper football manger.

The right man for the job.

It's all very well saying "go and get so-and-so in", but said so-and-so may not be a good fit. Sean Dyche is one thing we have at the moment that isn't broken.
He's a realist and he doesnt overcomplicate things for the type of players we have or will be signing. Sets clear messages and clear objectives.

The hipsters will hate it, but then again they dont count.

You cant look at things in isolation. He walked into a toxic environment, the club at civil war, fans chasing players down the road, a club that had just sold and was in the process of selling their best players, a club getting cut adrift on 15 points in the relegation zone, with a performance level of consistent awful. The club was a skip fire when he took over. Hes been magnificent and never once, got to high or to low, hes radiated confidence and fighting spirit - but also been realistic, he doesn't spoof, hes honest and authentic, hes backed himself, hes backed his methods to get the job done at a big clubs - in one of its most adverse circumstances in the clubs history and you know what - he did it.

Proper football manger.

This x1000%.

I agree. Look at how much better we played with DCL on the pitch. An actual CF, albeit made entirely out of paper mache.
I think Dyche will be lookign to play two up front ASAP.

Target man and one who plays off him.

Would he move for Weghorst again? He did bring him to Burnely.

Dyche is keen to show people he’s a better manager than he’s been given credit for.
Everton look like the perfect platform for him to prove this.

Been quite impressed how he has handled coming into this mess he inherited.

Give him 3-4 good additions to the team and I think he would comfortably have us mid table going into BMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back