2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the manner of the 15th for me.

Going to write the same thing, we could have horrendous luck with injuries and VAR (nothing new there), could be a few red cards and individual mistakes in otherwise good performances.

If we beat the RS home and away that would help despite finishing so low and we'll definitely have to score more than once at home a few times.

If it's 15th with noticeable improvement but just a limited squad then that's fine.

If it's 15th just because there are some absolutely AWFUL other sides like Luton etc. then not fine.
Exactly have seen how many championship quality sides are in the PL next season.

Going to write the same thing, we could have horrendous luck with injuries and VAR (nothing new there), could be a few red cards and individual mistakes in otherwise good performances.

If we beat the RS home and away that would help despite finishing so low and we'll definitely have to score more than once at home a few times.
I mean that's expected, but also his decisions when his "starting 11" misses 1 player need to improve next season, considering he should be getting new players in as well.

I personally don't want to watch us beat someone playing a nice ol' 4-5-1 direct counterattacking just to have one player out with a red/injury and have to go full on panic "4-4-2 high line" and lose a bunch of games like this year to be honest.

I cannot believe that anyone would seriously contemplate getting rid of him.
Look at the absolute mess that he inherited from that clown Lampard. We had been beaten by a string of teams at the bottom of the table.
No new players in the transfer window along with the sale of Gordon.
Virtually no striker options for the rest of the season.
Club in total turmoil as a backdrop.
Still managed to keep us up.
Some lads really do need to give their heads a wobble and be careful what they wish for , as there are many challenges still ahead.

I mean that's expected, but also his decisions when his "starting 11" misses 1 player need to improve next season, considering he should be getting new players in as well.

I personally don't want to watch us beat someone playing a nice ol' 4-5-1 direct counterattacking just to have one player out with a red/injury and have to go full on panic "4-4-2 high line" and lose a bunch of games like this year to be honest.

Until next season starts we won't know if constantly playing under the relegation pressure has had an effect on what he would do right from game one (possibly could see it in preseason if Dyche takes results over the usual just 'fitness' approach).

It might be more of the same with just a marginal improvement or could be radically different tactics and personnel.

Until next season starts we won't know if constantly playing under the relegation pressure has had an effect on what he would do right from game one (possibly could see it in preseason if Dyche takes results over the usual just 'fitness' approach).
He played mostly the same team for the last 4 years of his tenure at Burnley, so I very much don't think it was relegation pressure to be honest lol

As I said - pure copium but let's see, maybe he's improved somehow???

I cannot believe that anyone would seriously contemplate getting rid of him.
Look at the absolute mess that he inherited from that clown Lampard. We had been beaten by a string of teams at the bottom of the table.
No new players in the transfer window along with the sale of Gordon.
Virtually no striker options for the rest of the season.
Club in total turmoil as a backdrop.
Still managed to keep us up.
Some lads really do need to give their heads a wobble and be careful what they wish for , as there are many challenges still ahead.
Tell me what he's done from taking over from Lampard different to what Lampard done taking over from Benitez? Survival!
Lampard went half a season without a striker.

Did he do his job keeping us in the league? yes, but jeez you would think he has done something special. IMO he hasnt.
He got through it due to the fact that the bottom 3 were utter utter garbage.

Tell me what he's done from taking over from Lampard different to what Lampard done taking over from Benitez? Survival!
Lampard went half a season without a striker.

Did he do his job keeping us in the league? yes, but jeez you would think he has done something special. IMO he hasnt.
He got through it due to the fact that the bottom 3 were utter utter garbage.
Lampard managed to lose to nearly all our relegation rivals. Dyche then faced a much more difficult run of games. Despite that fact he gained a much higher number of points per game.
The fact that Lampard kept us up the previous season allowed him to continue into this season. It was only then that he established beyond doubt , his level of incompetence (subsequently emphasised further at Chelsea).
If he had been left in post we would undoubtedly now be in the Championship.
Why would you not give Dyche the chance to continue , with a pre season and some of his own players ?.

He played mostly the same team for the last 4 years of his tenure at Burnley, so I very much don't think it was relegation pressure to be honest lol

As I said - pure copium but let's see, maybe he's improved somehow???

I haven't minded most of the games I have seen that we have played under him, I can at least see some tactics behind it and we aren't just passing it between ourselves and going further and further back. Games like Arsenal and Brentford we really should have scored more goals in. That's not really Dyche's fault if they can't put away pathetically easy chances.

Like you say we will have to see what he is like after his own preseason and buying his players.

I haven't minded most of the games I have seen that we have played under him, I can at least see some tactics behind it and we aren't just passing it between ourselves and going further and further back. Games like Arsenal and Brentford we really should have scored more goals in. That's not really Dyche's fault if they can't put away pathetically easy chances.

Like you say we will have to see what he is like after his own preseason and buying his players.
I see the same as you, but also annoyingly see the lack of ideas - "lump it to whoever's up top at any opportunity" isn't a solid game plan by any stretch of the imagination imho.

But yeah this is currently all speculation, we'll see what happens.

With all my perceived negativity here - I'm not against him or something, I like him, I just hope he cuts out the dumb parts of his management style and tactics... but I am very doubtful of that.

Lampard managed to lose to nearly all our relegation rivals. Dyche then faced a much more difficult run of games. Despite that fact he gained a much higher number of points per game.
The fact that Lampard kept us up the previous season allowed him to continue into this season. It was only then that he established beyond doubt , his level of incompetence (subsequently emphasised further at Chelsea).
If he had been left in post we would undoubtedly now be in the Championship.
Why would you not give Dyche the chance to continue , with a pre season and some of his own players ?.
And i feel the same outcome will happen again.

Keeps us up so warrants another season, i don't buy that at all.
Everyone thinks he's a safe bet to get us to BMD as PL outfit, is that really our ambition?

BTW Lampard has proven to be a shambolic manager, im just saying Dyche hasnt done much more than what Lampard has.

Anyway he will be here for next season 100% so i hope i am completely wrong about him, would love to be vaulted to death this time next season.

And i feel the same outcome will happen again.

Keeps us up so warrants another season, i don't buy that at all.
Everyone thinks he's a safe bet to get us to BMD as PL outfit, is that really our ambition?

BTW Lampard has proven to be a shambolic manager, im just saying Dyche hasnt done much more than what Lampard has.

Anyway he will be here for next season 100% so i hope i am completely wrong about him, would love to be vaulted to death this time next season.
lampard 3 wins 6 draws in 20 games, rest losses.
Dyche 5 wins 6 draws in 18 games, rest losses.
lampard got a shout in making signings, Dyche got nothing.

lampard 3 wins 6 draws in 20 games, rest losses.
Dyche 5 wins 6 draws in 18 games, rest losses.
lampard got a shout in making signings, Dyche got nothing.
Not much difference there like.
Both had the same tools to work with.

Considering one is the worst manager in our history the other is our future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back