Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Sean Dyche

It will be a wipeout mate, maybe not all at once but in a controlled professional manner. No way will these entertain the serial losers at Everton. Everything will change, i have no doubt at all.

Personally I don’t think it will be wipeout mate, agree there will be incremental change, but there are issues at play, that tempers the degree of change.

One is the squad, some compromises need to be made, we have 12 players in contract and we might need to sell a couple of them, no way are we brining in 13-15 players in one window - which would suggest a need for some one year contracts that I feel could be unpopular.

Secondly PSR will remain a concern, maybe not to the point that it has to be, but there will be a bit of cutting our cloth and we won’t be doing that - by brining in 13 players minimum.

Ultimately TFG have decisions to make on the footballing dept - Thelwell I believe is in discussions to stay. While recruitment on staff has gotten assent within the scouting and players support dept.

When it comes to the manager there has to be plan - that’s a decision on structure and philosphey - that feeds into everything from recruitment to playing style. The structure is important and roles to they want a head coach or a manager -Dyche at the moment I believe his role is a manger instead of a coach - his role is fairly similar to Moyes albeit Thelwell is a huge support and they work well together.

It’s a decision TFG have to make and commit to for 3 years. I’ve made my opinion on Dyche clear and my approach to mangers - if you make a decision you commit to it and support to it. We’re doing that with Dyche.

As his contract runs down the club would be absolutely remiss not to look at it - the best candidate should always get the job with the plan at place - how compatible that plan will be Dyche is guarded at the moment. Most will assume Dyche goes, but I’m not sure. I’ve managed a fair degree of change in organisations, you don’t do it all at once, secondly you don’t loose what you have - how owners will look at it is the value he adds, like his football or no, he’s made the business about 240 million managing in adversity in the last 18 months managing through adverse circumstances both seasons, within limits, keeping it in the PL. Then you look at value of the squad. Are the players worth more then when he arrived and is what he added contributed to that value. Can he build on that with more resources. We know the binary element of this thread but the owners will also weigh up the former also and bottom line. Say he finishes 10th this season , is there a different manger to be brought into build toward the top 6 - ifs and buts admittedly.

Ultimately it will come down, philosphey, structure and approach. I wouldn’t presume anything at this point. I had a good luck at Roma and to be honest wasn’t to impressed with their examples of a clear approach or philosphey in recruiting a manager, they had Fonseca when they arrived, then went for Hollywood in Mouthino, then a local club legend with no real pedigree in coaching in De Rossi - replaced him with the Torino coach - none of that points to me as - we have this philosphey and this is definitely they type of manger we like and go for it’s a real variance - which to be honest doesn’t fill me a lot of reassurance,

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back