Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Sean Dyche

They will be delighted we're talking about it mate - no such thing as bad publicity - its bad though.
Can talk about it here, but I haven't watched and won't, anything they've done in over 5-6 years now.

Peds absolutely thick and clueless, Baz seems to think cos he kicked a footy it makes him an expert on players and tactics, seen 10yos playing champ manager with a better understanding of footy than either of these clowns.

Can talk about it here, but I haven't watched and won't, anything they've done in over 5-6 years now.

Peds absolutely thick and clueless, Baz seems to think cos he kicked a footy it makes him an expert on players and tactics, seen 10yos playing champ manager with a better understanding of footy than either of these clowns.

Pushing an open door mate! ;)

The remit of the manager should change over time, of course, but I'm not sure that Dyche's remit from the club will have changed at this point. Both he and Thelwell have been tasked with keeping the club in the division while cutting costs until the takeover and and ground move have taken place, that seems fairly clear from the outside. I do not believe that there is any expectation from within the club that we actually progress as a first team squad in the short term, I don't think we've reached the rebuilding phase yet we're very much still in caretaker mode where we're trying to keep a steady ship until we're in a position to push on. Personally I don't believe that he's capable of taking us into the rebuilding phase and so I think parting ways at the end of the season is best for all concerned, but at this moment I think just keeping us up pretty much is his remit, yes. Also Ancelotti isn't a great example, finishing 10th with a squad several million times better than this one was hardly a great achievement from 'don carlo' (throws up in mouth).

I don't really get the idea that just because you stay at a team longer, the expectations miraculously change, without serious investment. I know it's not the best metric, but the net spend at the club during the last 5 years (mainly the last 4) has been negative at a time where every other club is in net deficit. Effectively every other team has been investing, some substantially, while as you outline we have been in austerity mode of constantly selling our best players and replacing them with cheaper players.

I'm not sure it's fair or realistic within that context to expect much different from a manager.

I don't think Dyche helps himself at times, but he doesn't seem to get a lot of credit either. The conclusion is righty, that Ndiaye is excellent, but not that perhaps Dyche using him in a particular way is helping that. Brainthwaite is another, an excellent player but Dyche receives little credit for the improvements he's made.

Don't see the league as stronger this year myself.

Ipswich and Saints both look every bit as bad as the promoted teams last year, wolves look shocking, palace are significantly weaker losing their best player without any replacement coming in, west ham look in free fall, Leicester doing ok initially but look poor as well.

I'll go on record as saying the relegated teams will all fail to reach 30 points this season.

Cooper has these runs where he goes like 15 games without a win. Southampton and Ipswich will barely get to 20 points.

You are right on Wolves as well. I looked at sides with 1 point from 8 games, and it's only happened 6 times in the previously 30+ seasons. It's a horrendous start. On 4/6 occasions the side doing that gets relegated, and they average under 30 points from the season. And truthfully there are better sides in Wolves pushing the average up (City in 96, Sheffield Wednesday in 99) etc. Wolves have been tagging along the bottom half for a few years now, their underlying numbers have been even worse, and they've kept selling their best players. People talk about them like its Spurs or someone at the bottom. They have been hollowed out and are struggling big time.

We have found, it's hard once you are down there. Leicester the season they went are the best example, much better than Wolves (got 59 and 67 points the previous 2 years) and have 4 points from 8 games, but even when they went on a decent run, they just kept getting pulled back in.

Those podcast things are all as bad as each other tbh. Toffee TV maybe a bit loud and 'in yer face' type thing which isn't everyone's cup of tea but likewise people hang off every word the bobble says and not only does he charge money but If you actually take the time to work it through his track record is nothing special tbf.

I think the only one crying here appears to be you. Couldn’t even manage to argue against the point in my post.

As ive said many times you seem to have some weird sort of obsession with responding to my posts. I’ve not responded to countless posts where you’re calling me a bot or Dave lite, completely unprovoked, normally after an Everton win trying to bait a response for some reason. It’s very very strange behaviour and weirdly needy. I’ve no interest in debating any point with you as I’d rather you just didn’t engage with me at all.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back