2024/25 Sean Dyche

I see it like this.

Holgate Young will give us a 3 to 5/10 performance week in week out and wont improve.

A young kid might give you the same or better and has room for improvement.

When the bar is set so low regarding who your leaving out of the team its no lose situation.

Or worse? Why is that not an option?

And often, managers will give the same lip service. Not convinced, personally.

I said this yesterday;
There's a balancing act here.

Thelwell says "I can get Danjuma on loan, what do you think?"

Dyche "Ok"

That doesn't say Dyche has advocated the signing, but he's signed off on it.

I find it hard to believe the manager is having players forced on him, but I'd absolutely believe that the recruitment team are coming up with the names and Dyche is signing off on them.

The O'Brien thing I think is a happy coincidence - we were being linked with him long before I saw Textor's name being linked with a takeover

I see it like this.

Holgate Young will give us a 3 to 5/10 performance week in week out and wont improve.

A young kid might give you the same or better and has room for improvement.

When the bar is set so low regarding who your leaving out of the team its no lose situation.
Holgate is finished. Absolutely done.

Dixon could easily have came in got embarrassed by Mitoma and never be seen from again, who knows?

Saturday was annoyingly predictable but we have been here before and will be again regardless.

It's because Holgate will be starting vs Spurs - some minutes.

No, he didn't.

Branthwaite was injured/late in pre-season. Second he was fit, he was in.

Lot of sticks to hit Dyche with - his handling of Branthwaite absolutely isn't one of them. Especially when fans were cry arsing for us to sign Coady to block his path to the team.
That’s not quite true, he said it was because he had missed some pre season as he’d been at the under 21’s, same tournament garner was at who started the first game.

If he wasn’t fit mate, why was he on the bench v Fulham

There's a balancing act here.

Thelwell says "I can get Danjuma on loan, what do you think?"

Dyche "Ok"

That doesn't say Dyche has advocated the signing, but he's signed off on it.

I find it hard to believe the manager is having players forced on him, but I'd absolutely believe that the recruitment team are coming up with the names and Dyche is signing off on them.

The O'Brien thing I think is a happy coincidence - we were being linked with him long before I saw Textor's name being linked with a takeover

Dyche wanted to keep Iwobi. Was open about it. Was told to pipe down.

There's no chance Dyche is there asking for us to lash a few bob on Sportings 4th choice striker.

I'm convinced he's a passenger on recruitment - if he was so enthused by them players, they'd probably be in the team.

There is a difference between having an opinion, and calling someone who is more qualified in their field of expertise "clueless".

You may not agree with your Doctor, yet calling them names and stating they deserve the sack when you drive a wagon and have no experience in medicine shows that person thinks they are more clever than they actually are.

I’m not sure Harold Shipman’s patients would share your view point 🐍

That’s not quite true, he said it was because he had missed some pre season as he’d been at the under 21’s, same tournament garner was at who started the first game.

If he wasn’t fit mate, why was he on the bench v Fulham

?

I shared them quotes before in this thread, and in the past.

He had a slight knock from U21s/missed some pre-season. The player himself said he wasn't fit.

Dyche wanted to keep Iwobi. Was open about it. Was told to pipe down.

There's no chance Dyche is there asking for us to lash a few bob on Sportings 4th choice striker.

I'm convinced he's a passenger on recruitment - if he was so enthused by them players, they'd probably be in the team.
He will have some form of input of course but the final say will be on the DOF, as it should be if that's the (flawed) model we are following.

We're a fickle bunch, but we'd do well to be less entitled and acknowledge the job he has done.
I do, at times, I actually intended on staying off his back this season, but and not to sound dramatic, it angers me more and each day.

And it's not even totally his fault, he's just a convenient target for me to attack.

But I am fickle, so all he needs to do is win a game or 2 and everything will be OK again, until the next defeat.

So whilst I think he's not a great manager, I do, in my sane and calm days, appreciate the conditions he's working under.

He will have some form of input of course but the final say will be on the DOF, as it should be if that's the (flawed) model we are following.

That's fine and what I'd expect.

But I figure an issue comes when the manager just doesn't like the players he's being told to take.

Especially if we have DOF/recruitment team signing players for the future/different style, than the immediate.

Pretty sure it was Bobble who mentioned OBrien was a recruitment team signing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back