2024/25 Sean Dyche

Newcastle are owned by the Saudi's with an estimated worth of £300 billion is it? Whilst Villa's are worth ~£10 billion, plus they've sold Grealish for £100 million and reinvested it pretty well whilst obtaining a world class manager.

Everton's ownership situation... Pfffahahaha.
Everton's financial situation... Pfffahahaha.

The similarity we have with those 2 clubs is how close we are to a PSR breach, the big difference of course being that Villa & Newcastle both have a few players worth £50-60m that can be sold to comply with PSR without completely ruining their chances of sustaining European football. If Everton were sell either Pickford or Branthwaite we'd be heading straight to the Championship next season.
God some of you in here love making statements about selling this player or that player Means we automatically go down 😂😂😂 so if we sell Pickford will we have another keeper or do we have to play with 10men

Newcastle weren’t owned by the Saudis when they went down and villa kept grealish in the championship.

Think you are getting years/managers mixed up here.

Allardyce was here in 2017. Branthwaite signed for us in 2020 and 7 years ago was only 15 and Gordon was 16.

Digne signed after Allardyce as well, as did Mina, Bernard etc.

Allardyce was playing Martina at RB.
Yes Gordon played in the europa league dead rubber out in Greece as a 16yr old when big Sam stayed at home. And the team was made up of kids

Allardyce was here in 2017. Branthwaite signed for us in 2020 and 7 years ago was only 15 and Gordon was 16.

Digne signed after Allardyce as well, as did Mina, Bernard etc.

I was going to say Mina, Bernard, Digne all came in after. The squad wasn't dreadful, however it was far from great either - 8th was a good result.

Villa sold him when they they’d been back up a season or maybe even two. So that’s wrong. Southampton are one of longest serving prem clubs. And Leicester been in about 9yrs on the bounce before going down in 22/23. And Leicester had finished 5th 2 years running not long ago, so not sure that’s up-yoing

People are talking about budgets. But you clearly don't understand. We spend more on wages, and are ambitiously building a fantastic new stadium.

Do you really need any further info to show why you're wrong, and why relegation for them clubs is/would be less damaging than it would be to Everton?

Ehh...we'd likely be in Administration, more points deducted. Our squad would be decimated, forget the guys we'd have to sell, we have a ton that have expiring contracts as well. Being in the Championship is literally the worst thing for this club at the moment.
I’m not saying it would be great going down I’m not theEsk
But had we gone down this summer, we’d lose probably 100mil in revenue. We’d get that from selling Branthwaite and Pickford. Young and Coleman would have not been kept on and others,
We could have relegation clauses.
We’d still be 6 months away from finishing BMD and we’d still be Everton football club. Ok I’m not saying we’d be straight back up first season, but it would be 2 yrs, 3 yrs max.

It wouldn’t be a Sunderland or Leeds

Digne signed after Allardyce as well, as did Mina, Bernard, Richie and Iwobi etc.

I think you are thinking about Ancelotti, who in his first season for us actually saved us from relegation (something Allardyce wasn’t actually needed for).

I was going to say Mina, Bernard, Digne all came in after. The squad wasn't dreadful, however it was far from great either - 8th was a good result.

Yeah, sorry. Feels like a million tears ago tbf. I've somehow gone with the squad that was in place when Silva left 😂

People are talking about budgets. But you clearly don't understand. We spend more on wages, and are ambitiously building a fantastic new stadium.

Do you really need any further info to show why you're wrong, and why relegation for them clubs is/would be less damaging than it would be to Everton?
Well weren’t a billion in dent like someone has just said what’s it’s going to cost to buy us 600mil/650 maybe another 100 max to finish stadium.
How much is Everton worth after that?? Over a billion ?
Because of parachute payments we’d lose a 100mil roughly if we’d gone down the season just gone.
I’m not saying it would be great going down,
But it also wouldn’t be the end of the world and we’d go out of business or end up in league 1.

Villa sold him when they they’d been back up a season or maybe even two. So that’s wrong. Southampton are one of longest serving prem clubs. And Leicester been in about 9yrs on the bounce before going down in 22/23. And Leicester had finished 5th 2 years running not long ago, so not sure that’s yo- yoing

The theme is stability. Those clubs mentioned had a plan and stability in order to restructure from relegation and move on. We absolutely would not.

Villa - new owners, fought relegation first season, midtable 2nd, sold Grealish, rebuilt from stability.

Southampton - stable low tier club, couple of top 10 finishes. Began to sell everyone off and not reinvest from 2020, planned and got relegated.

Leicester - stable club until they had to pull the purse strings due to PSR, got relegated. Sold £100mill of players.

Those clubs have experience in the lower division so navigate it if it happened.

We wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance.

popped the pre match presser on and it's been less than 2 mins and he';s already winding me up

reporter asks a question about not winning a SINGLE away game this calander year and he laughed it off saying something like when i first come it was fix the away form, then fix the home form, but now it's fix everything.

bad helmet.

fyi its 10 away games this calander year without a win, and weve scored only 5 goals in them 10 games, and not a single time have we scored more than 1 goal.

abysmal

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back