2024/25 Sean Dyche

This just proves he’s an inept coach and incapable of improving or developing anyone from an attacking standpoint.

Other managers seem to be able to point to rubbish/average attackers but are able to somehow get a tune of them and producing some form of results but when it comes to us… it’s because ‘the players are crap’.. pure nonsense.
Brentford Mbuemo and Toney are light years ahead of our front line. Saints and Ipswich in our position, maybe Bournemouth finally buckle with Leicester if Vardy injured.

But our scouting and purchases have been gash, nothing from Beto, Chermiti, Danjuma, Maupay... I know we have no money.

I do accept of course there must be SOMETHING a manager can do to improve chances on goal. I wince when Harrison plays, I just don't see chances coming there.

Brentford Mbuemo and Toney are light years ahead of our front line. Saints and Ipswich in our position, maybe Bournemouth finally buckle with Leicester if Vardy injured.

But our scouting and purchases have been gash, nothing from Beto, Chermiti, Danjuma, Maupay... I know we have no money.

I do accept of course there must be SOMETHING a manager can do to improve chances on goal. I wince when Harrison plays, I just don't see chances coming there.

He actually has the highest expected goals + expected assists for us this season, which obviously isn't saying much other than we're complete crap.

I wasnt arguing the stats.
You're completely right, 38 points will likely keep us up.
I was more just marveling that after two games you've come out with
'If we beat Bournemouth, we're averaging a point a game'
After two games!!!
Was like at about 70m v Brighton, Osman in co commentary said 'there are lots of games to go, plenty of points still to win'.
I laughed at that too.
I wasn't making a case for our style of play or Dyche particularly. Just trying to add some context to our current plight.

We're probably a worse squad now than those he's kept up previously with Coleman, Keane, Young etc all another year worse and no threat from midfield / attack on show yet.

But there's a lot of games to go! Ipswich, Saints, Leicester, Wolves, Forest, Bournemouth will be in it with us, January, Feb time can ravage smaller squads (including us!) injury wise.

But in reality we if we beat Bournemouth, we're bang on track for BMD as a prem team. That's all we need to be. New buyer and likely manager once we're there... happier times 👍

I wasn't making a case for our style of play or Dyche particularly. Just trying to add some context to our current plight.

We're probably a worse squad now than those he's kept up previously with Coleman, Keane, Young etc all another year worse and no threat from midfield / attack on show yet.

But there's a lot of games to go! Ipswich, Saints, Leicester, Wolves, Forest, Bournemouth will be in it with us, January, Feb time can ravage smaller squads (including us!) injury wise.

But in reality we if we beat Bournemouth, we're bang on track for BMD as a prem team. That's all we need to be. New buyer and likely manager once we're there... happier times 👍
Maybe but I had really hoped for more than 17th this season.

probably this …

i say
probably …

While this may be true, in order to get bad players, relatively speaking, to score more goals will open us up considerably in defence.

It's a pick your poison situation. Dyche chooses pragmatism against all else. For better or worse.

Sure we could run around and be exciting like Leeds or Luton, but how did that go for them

The reality is that talent wise we are definitely bottom 3 from an attacking standpoint. Our bread is buttered in defence - and with a healthy Branthwaite we are comfortably mid-table in that regard, even with a horror show at RB
Right so you’re saying his focus is solely on the defensive structure of the team and it’s that is the reason why we’re toothless in the midfields and forward positions, not the ability of the players and the fact he can’t develop or improve them. That’s fair

Right so you’re saying his focus is solely on the defensive structure of the team and it’s that is the reason why we’re toothless in the midfields and forward positions, not the ability of the players and the fact he can’t develop or improve them. That’s fair

I'm speaking for him, but he states "we're bottom three talent wise from an attacking standpoint." Which stands to reason as the two wingers and attacking CM all suffered relegations and the striker can't put in the few chances he gets. Behind those guys we have a guy who has only been successful in the championship and another castoff from Italy.

Yeah, that's where Everton will get ya :)

Every week at 2.59pm I think "we can defo do these"
I used to enjoy that feeling for a moment
These days I look at the line up and see the likes of Young up against Mitoma and groan
Like when John Bishop was in a charity match and volunteered for LB coz he was left footed. Then found out Usain Bolt was RW against him!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back