2024/25 Sean Dyche

Doesn’t know his best 11 considering what’s on the bench and won’t have the savvy to get the best out of the forwards we have.
It’s going to be a long season IMO.

we only won one pre season game and that teams manager has already been binned.
Got to focus on mentality in preseason as well as fitness.
We just look a bit lost at times, like there's no plan. Tim has been great and Keane has actually done well.
Just cant get my head around knowing you have a problem going forward so you buy new attacking players and bench them, hey presto, still crap going forward

All will be forgiven if we win the game, but we addressed some of the issues we have in the squad with transfers this summer

We had a lack of reliable depth at centre back so we went out and signed a very highly rated one

We had no real pace or quality in attacking areas, so we brought in two versatile, fairly quick ball carriers

And in the first game we've left all of them on the bench, despite them all playing extensively in preseason

Sigh
Under Dyche, we never win from being behind. I hope I'm wrong!

He is not doing himself any favors and amplifying the weaknesses in the team.

The game plan makes sense in a vacuum. Michael Keane can hit the diagonal ball really well and Harrison can stop the ball on a dime. We kept hitting the ball over the top as Brighton are vulnerable to that through ball. We could have scored.

But we have no pace. We have no fullback play to support Harrison. Dom is not a striker that can deal with a through ball over the top at a high level. IMHO he screwed up big time with the Doucore selection in particular. We have a game plan but don’t have the right players to execute it at all.

Credit to Dyche for rolling with Timmy. He is excellent and we pulled Villa’s pants down on that one I feel. He is willing to give young players a chance. But by Martha he really butchered the first half. He needs to get back in this one and change a few things because we should not be down against these at home. They are poo on the road.

BTW we really missed out on Minteh. I am crying. He looks excellent

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back