2024/25 Sean Dyche

Unless you're pulling the trigger on Moyes, I can see why to be fair. Now isn't really the time for the club to be clever and try and find our own Iraola on the continent. Lets not forget he lost his first 7 games. We do that with someone now and we're as good as gone.

I'd personally be up for the Dyche-Moyes switch but I can see why there's plenty who aren't. It's potentially a lot of money we obviously don't have for what may or may not be a marginal gain in terms of what we get.

I’m very wary of going for Moyes: Volume Two. If he’s the only good option, I’d hope we sit tight for now (as fed up as I am with Dyche).

That is scandalous
Any decent manager would look at those facts and think what am I doing wrong pre season? What do I need to change? Not Dyche though he does these famous Gaffa days and the players still look goosed and not fit when the season starts.

He will never change he is the most stubborn manager we have had.

Bramley Moor next season god forbid he is still here, it will be late Oct before we get our 1st win

i’ve not argued against that mate

we i stand by 6 players should not fall apart

But when Bournemouth have 5 players , so half their outfield team … that are fresh … and we have half our team that literally have no fuel left in the tank…. “Falling apart” happens as they are getting over run and their minds and legs simply cannot function like the opposition as they have been playing for 20 mins and are in the groove.

Our players vould have helped themselves , gone down injured and got breathers , not pushed up the pitch etc but everything is on dyche imo…

He could have broke up the play with subs , he could have changed the midfield , changed shape to 5 at the back … he could “smell it in the air” and decided to rub more snot into his scalp than make a meaningful decision or action

He's spot on.
I dont think I've ever seen an Everton boss so rattled by Everton fans. And he hasn't had it anywhere near as bad as some of the other managers.
It seems to be constant moaning from him.

I don’t see a connection there with the fans. Maybe he’s not the kind of personality to do that as I’m not sure what his relationship was like with Burnley fans . In times like this with what the club is, a bit of unity with manager, players and fans would be a big help and i don’t sense it’s there. You can’t force these things either.

When it comes to being accused of having a dig at the fans, I think that’s something that’s been there for years. I have suspected that the feelings inside the club more often than not don’t align with fans in things like ambition, pride and could be a reason of disconnect with managers, fans, players. Perhaps within there is a shrug of the shoulders to defeats and outside with the fans it’s anger and frustration.

On the flip side you don’t want someone overplaying the blowing smoke routine , being phoney and telling fans what they want to hear.

we don’t know what has gone on behind the scenes, let’s remember this is a disgrace what has been allowed to happen to the club and he could of been misled into how deep the troubles are when negotiating to become manager.

On the pitch issues aside, my problem with him is and I noticed this at Burnley too when interviewed, his ego isn’t a pleasant trait and it’s quite a put off. He is very smug in victory but lacks humility and objectivity with bad results/performances. I’m not a fan of people like that.

I also get the impression he doesn’t handle people being straight with him when it comes to negative opinions.

He could try being a little pragmatic

Last edited:
I don’t see a connection there with the fans. Maybe he’s not the kind of personality to do that as I’m not sure what his relationship was like with Burnley fans . In times like this with what the club is, a bit of unity with manager, players and fans would be a big help and i don’t sense it’s there. You can’t force these things either.

On the flip side you don’t want someone overplaying the blowing snoke routine , being phoney and telling fans what they want to hear and we don’t know what has gone on behind the scenes, let’s remember this is a disgrace what has been allowed to happen to the club and he could of been misled into how deep the troubles are when negotiating to become manager.

On the pitch issues aside, my problem with him is and I noticed this at Burnley too when interviewed, his ego isn’t a pleasant trait and it’s quite a put off. He is very smug in victory but lacks humility and objectivity with bad results/performances. I’m not a fan of people like that.

I also get the impression he doesn’t handle people being straight with him when it comes to negative opinions.

He could try being a little pragmatic
They named a pub near their ground after him. I'm not sure that they'll be naming the Bramley Moore pub The Ginger Snot Monkey any time soon!

get the feeling Dyche and ten hag are lucky mo salad dropped his leaving/contract news after their match yesterday, which had to over the footy news, or more heat would have been directed their way.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back