2024/25 Sean Dyche

man, he was going along well there.
Thought he gave a good answer on Tim (the fixation with PL experience gets a bit old, but i get his point)
then the subs question.
Ok, Ndiaye was cramping up and DCL has to be looked after, fine, fine.
Pep doesnt make much subs... Ok, well at least he clarified that he's not as good as Pep.
but then...
I've watched the end of the Bournemouth game 47 times and I'm convinced the subs werent the issue.
What? This fella never takes ownership of anything.
"Pep also doesn't make a lot of subs", but he does when he has to and does it to change tired legs or the game itself, also his teams tend to dominate and win games not press dead air and run like headless chickens for 90 min.

Man said he "watched the game 47 times" and didn't see how Coleman was getting pumped and walked past and Tim's absolutely shot.
1st goal, 0:44, Coleman forgets he has to even run or stop the cross, just jogs back leaving their player all the time in the world, and moving all of our defense to cover for him (Tarks first man to stop a cross).
2nd goal, 1:07, Tim - gassed, doesn't chase their player to cover, Coleman goes for where the ball will land as opposed to actually defending as if he's unaware how defending works, makes a half-arsed jump attempt anyway (shades of Shane Long jumping over him a few years ago).
3rd goal, 1:35, no reason that there's more of them in the keeper's box - no midfielder dropping to their counterpart, whole team ball watching, Coleman didn't even *TRY* to block the cross, Mykolenko lagging back as well but the runner is from midfield anyway, Gana just sitting at the edge covering literally no one and watching their player score.

It's a shame we had no options for any of those players and had to put on Doucoure instead so he can... run... around? Barely touched the ball anyway.

And Dyche didn't see anything wrong.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back