2024/25 Sean Dyche

100% I do, he's probably our best player, what he offers us on his own with no pace around him, not a natural goal scorer but what mid table strikers are, that's his only down fall,
Ivan Toney, midtable club.
Nicolas Jackson, midtable club
Son, midtable club
Marcus Rashford, midtable club

He's not even fit for the bench of these players.

*edit* this is a completely different thread/topic than Dyche. Not going to respond going forward.

If he starts spouting his usual garbage in his press conference about Branthwaite being ‘back with the group’ and ‘time on the grass’ or ‘building his fitness’ I’m going to go to Finch Farm and beat him with Michael Keane as a battering ram until he promises Branthwaite will start every game for the rest of the season.

Garner's been back for 2 games, he should be starting. Think with a midfield 3 we don't concede as easily.

Thinking Dyche ball that would mean Ndiaye being dropped. Reality should be one of McNeill or Harrison.

Issue to me was -
Brighton you take on the chin.
Spurs - gave them 2 goals, game was done.
Bournemouth - play great for 87mins and collapse.

So do you keep with the same way Vs Bournemouth and iron out the mistakes or make huge changes?

Well, he kept it the same and for 30mins worked Vs Villa.

But the bottom line is... we've conceded 13 goals in 4 games. It’s not working and needs going back to basics which is...tight and compact.
We were massively fortunate really, this wasn’t like the Bournemouth game where we were absolutely dominating the game and they hadn’t had a shot on target. 0-2 in no way reflected the way the first half hour had played out. In some ways Dyche is lucky we only lost 3-2 not 5-0 which is how it looked like it was going to pan out when we just let them swarm all over us without putting in a tackle.

I made my mind up two weeks ago. I don't think it's going to change.

He's been given some better footballers but he's not capable of coaching them to be a better side.

It isn't going to get better, we are just going to be going through the motions.

Dyche is a perfectly capable manager when expectation levels are on the floor and we don't expect any sort of football which is progressive.

As soon as our expectations levels start to go up a level, there's been no evidence he can deal with it, either from the point of view of performance levels or results

I made my mind up two weeks ago. I don't think it's going to change.

He's been given some better footballers but he's not capable of coaching them to be a better side.

It isn't going to get better, we are just going to be going through the motions.

Dyche is a perfectly capable manager when expectation levels are on the floor and we don't expect any sort of football which is progressive.

As soon as our expectations levels start to go up a level, there's been no evidence he can deal with it, either from the point of view of performance levels or results
Just think is just time now has already been bad feelings between him and the fans even if gets some results. Just cant see a future here for him the football is terrible

Ivan Toney, midtable club.
Nicolas Jackson, midtable club
Son, midtable club
Marcus Rashford, midtable club

He's not even fit for the bench of these players.

*edit* this is a completely different thread/topic than Dyche. Not going to respond going forward.
Just to point out, 2 of those teams finished top 6 last season (so not a mid table team).

And rashford scored the same amount as DCL last season.

I agree Drico, however do these same people not watch the match ? I seen the following occur:

DCL hitting the bar

We missed a 1v1

We should have had a stonewall penno if our player cared enough to go down. I questioned our players mentality post Bournemouth in which they were refusing to do the dark arts to see the game out. Today is another instance - Salah is rolling around in that instance and earns a penno.

Villa scored a worldie

Too many just check the score line on the SSN app and fume away without looking at the context of the result.
The context of the result is a second consecutive capitulation from a winning position.

Everything else is choreography.

Chesterfield, Bristol City, Milwall, Watford, Northampton Town. That's where SD learned his football as an "up 'n at 'em " centre half. He could never coach a team to retain possession in the premier league to defend an early lead because he's never played that sort of football in his life - he just doesn't understand how to do it - possession stats of 26.8% today is embarrassing. His defensive tactics are sit in a low block and defend the box. His attacking tactics are hoofball and pick up the second ball, or cross the ball to the far post and hope the ball drops to one of our players in the box - and er... well that's it. He's a lower league manager fraudulent acting as if he's a premier league manager and picking up £5m a year to boot. But unfortunately we, the long suffering fans, are the victims of that fraud.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back