2024/25 Sean Dyche

Of course someone could. It’s the relative risk of how likely is it that we find this person and that they want to join (knowing a new owner could get rid of them imminently). As another poster pointed out the last few managers the club have selected have apparently been doomed from the beginning (how wonderful hindsight is, out the bloke who wrote Lampard’s name on Goodison didn’t have it) so what confidence is there that the club will select the right person who would take us forward in the immediate short term.

It’s a balance of risk but some people are not even considering the downside risk. Someone said we could take anyone from the championship and they’d do better.

Anyone? Kompany walked the championship, Bielsa did then took Leeds down, Russel Martin is down with us currently, Nathan Jones and Rob Edwards both great at Luton both relegated, Selles also, Paul Heckingbottom and Chris Wilder look decent in that division.

The gap is absolutely enormous to the prem now. The club, and hopefully the new owner, should absolutely be using the time now to assess the right candidate to take us forward next season, but unless the club can get the new owner to sign off on the candidate coming in, there’s a big downside to going for a temp manager now.
Id be fairly sure that any new owner (Textor) would have input on a new manager. Thelwell clearly has eyes for Corberan (I understand why as he has shown now at 2 clubs he can pull them from the bottom to the top with minimal resources, but can he step up like you say) Textor is being linked to Ferreira and Fonseca. All 3 have a similar approach and I do think Ferreira looks an impressive character. Out of the ones you list there I can't see us in for any of them, I actually like Russel Martin and what he tries to do and he is good at it but he suffers from Martinez syndrome in that he seemingly ignores the defensive side of the game at times. I'd also give a shout to Michael Carrick, defo got something about him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back