2024/25 Sean Dyche

Does 27% possession really suggest offensive football to you? There's no reason we shouldn't be better in transition. We were far from attacking yesterday; even spitty pointed out how little we had the ball and how much pressure we invited onto ourselves in the second half. Somehow suggesting going 2-0 up is a bad thing is strange,
If he truly were the defensive mastermind that people claim, he should be able to coach the team to maintain leads. The reality is that Keane unsettles the entire defense, and nothing will change until Branthwaite is back.
The only reason I'm not totally the Dyche out gang, an injury to one of the best CBs in the league would make things tougher on any team, but our lack of depth makes us especially vulnerable.. If Branthwaite comes back and stays fit we'll be fine. We simply can't have Keane on the field any more, him being there has cost us 6 points, he unsettles everyone as they have to keep an eye on him for when they need to cover the next mess up.

The only reason I'm not totally the Dyche out gang, an injury to one of the best CBs in the league would make things tougher on any team, but our lack of depth makes us especially vulnerable.. If Branthwaite comes back and stays fit we'll be fine. We simply can't have Keane on the field any more, him being there has cost us 6 points, he unsettles everyone as they have to keep an eye on him for when they need to cover the next mess up.

but dyche does what he wants clearly

I feel like we have got to the same point we had with Moyes (Howard and Distin) and Martinez with his inability to make any changes where everyone is the footballing world can see it but him and here we are with Dyche.
His faith in Ashley Young will be the hill he perishes on. Its a blind spot he just doesnt see.

No point rushing Branthwaite back only to have him out again till Christmas if he's not fully fit, the only question is should O'Brien play ahead of Keane, couldn't do much worse anyway.
If he played O'Brien then people may cut him a bit of slack as you can forgive a young player new to the league settling in and making mistakes but persisting with Keane is heaping pressure on himself and could end up costing him his job.

“we have winnable games in the pipeline”; dreary me, we are averaging one goal a game, we ship more than three a game. Every team in the league see us as a winnable game. If you score first against us we don’t win, if you give us a two goal start we still don’t win. We are in last place in the league because we are the winnable game for everyone else. We are we’re we are because we are doing something wrong, if we keep doing it wrong then we keep losing. We need a change.

We lack balance. That's the key. The defence was our strength and it's let us down big time this season. It's easily explained and remedied though: Branthwaite slots back in and we play Dixon instead of any other player.

Dyche will have to bite the bullet on Dixon or else it's going to cost him is job.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back