2024/25 Sean Dyche

6 times that led to goals. There’s all the other times as well that didn’t.

Thankyou for revising your point somewhere back closer to reality though.

Just as an aside, is a defenders main role not to defend first? I wasn’t sure with Pep and Arteta dropping their attacking fullbacks for CBs in the full back areas. Ancelotti did the same at Everton. What do they know though.
There's also all the times where we desperately needed a man to overlap or go forward into an empty zone but we had none, but it's more convenient to ignore here isn't it?

Yeah, they do, except they're quite good at their attacking and also with providing support, which ours seemingly can't do when playing for us for some odd reason.
Pep's move inside instead of outfield to leave the wingers 1v1 with full backs and score goals or provide crosses/1-2 passes quite often.
Ancelotti plays a more rigid type of football and yet the full backs for him also don't play on the same line as CBs for most of the game and instead sit out wide and provide crosses or overlaps.
Arteta with his famously defensive full backs :lol:

WhAt Do ThEy KnOw ThOuGh, as they have set up their teams literally proving how Dyche is doing it overly cautions indeed. Point is caution before anything and everything else doesn't make a balanced team.

Thinking back to the 'Masterclass' video on 4-4-2 from Dyche, he made the point that the vulnerability of the system is when a crossfield diagonal ball from the opposition comes toward the fullback while the whole back four has been shuttling across to the other side of the field. In that system there is no opportunity for the fullback to be 'not there' as they were caught upfield and lost possession.
In light of that its unlikely that we buy a progressive fullback let alone play one.

Did he? I’m not sure Dyche would ever do anything he or his 2 curry club partners didn’t agree with and it’s patently obvious players have to be at peak fitness. Mina was and still is made of sawdust.
I always found it intriguing that Mina made 99 appearances for us, I don’t think it’s too far fetched to suggest that Barcelona would have been eligible for a bonus payment that Everton just couldn’t afford if he hit 100 games?
Regardless, Dyche was proved right with his decision making whatever you think of him as Everton survived.
Imo yes he did and it's not the only time. And don't be daft, Keane was costing us a goal a game. Just because we stayed up doesn't mean he was right playing him ahead of Mina, we would of been safe sooner if he wasn't playing his mate.

We were 2-0 down against Palace. We did well but were lucky to come back. Frank was awful. Dyche’s football has been good to watch. He’s a good manager, happy with him.
Ha ha, clueless or you’ve been following Everton for 3 years , if you think we’re good to watch. Get yourself on YouTube and watch some Everton games from the past

I’ll be fair to you in the sense that Dyche is responsible for playing whoever and likely had a hand in keeping Young and Coleman. Unfortunately, I think it is low on the list of his priorities. But if we had competent attacking fullbacks, they would be attacking and getting involved. Even if the “never get forward” has merit, they would still make a big impact. Just having that option would make a big difference.
We will never have attacking full backs under dyche or even wingers that actually attack their full backs or play off the cuff. It will always be hard working wide players like McNeil and Harrison, yes ndaiye will get games, but mainly it will be off the bench for 15 minutes to try and get a result

Hahahahaa what nonsense.

Frank got lucky. We were 2-0 down to palace and we came back. Very lucky to stay up.

Sean has been great for us. I feel like people forget how poor the football was under Frank, under Rafael, even Carlo we had some shockers so I am all for Dyche appreciation. Facts are, he has had a poor squad, points deductions, takeover uncertainty and yet we are still here in the Premier League. If he finishes in the top half this season it’s a complete success, some people don’t want that though. Some people want unrealistic champions league qualification.

We would’ve stayed up even if we lost to Palace.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.