2024/25 Sean Dyche

The players don't escape blame it was partly their fault. But the manager should be a little more alert to what was happening. Bournemouth made 5 changes 5 fresh players, half a team. Either they wanted to try get a point or they sniffed blood. Either way, Dyche didn't react. He didn't react to what Bournemouth were doing. He didn't react to what our players were doing. We had players knackered. Dyche's reaction? Take two players off that were not done yet. In fact they were outlets. The subs meant we weren't holding the ball it was coming back. Huge error from Dyche. He cost us that. He's also done it before.
Spot on there, lid

No no, none of these players have even seen a ball in their lives and they're the worst passers of the ball (or as they call it "round wasp nest") in the Prem.

Absolutely nothing to do with instructions and lack of movement (which has only gotten worse since Dyche as we're always static and going long). No sir.
Ok let’s break down some of our players;

Gueye - better off the ball, good at pressing mistakes and playing in their half.

Doucoure - entirely better without the footy.

Coleman - always been far better running onto the ball on the overlap at pace (used to play GAA).

Mykolenko - plays ok when he keeps it simple, no risk football and clearing his lines.

Tarkowski - see above, half decent cross field passes.

Keane - enough said.

Harrison - ok with overlapping fullback, plays backwards mostly and terrified to take a risk.

McNeil - decent again coming onto a ball, ok playing facing their goal.

Bournemouth had players right across the pitch yesterday who were miles better with the ball. We didn’t dominate the ball or anything for 86 mins we mostly dictated the area of the pitch we wanted to play in.

Wait until Villa away and his post match press conference "I could smell it after the first goal after 90 seconds today, but I thought if I give them all the 94 minutes to redeem themselves, that they'd smell it too and react". "Yes a 5-1 defeat hurts but the positives are I thought Keano was fantastic and Dwighty scored a brilliant goal which gets him up and running in the PL"
Also”the sending off of Young was a bit harsh”

Dyche needs to take responsibility at least in private. He showed the worst of his tendencies & it cost us.

Tim has been fantastic. He’s given everything & it’s great he’s getting the chance to hold the spot, but he was dying on his arse by the 70 mins mark clear to everyone.

2-0 up use Garner to tighten up the midfield a bit & counter. We’d earned that position the game. Not even the dars could complain.

What he chose to do instead made bugger all sense in the context of the game.

IMO this has to be the side he ends up settling with this season as soon as its available.

Pickford
Tarkowski-O'Brien-Branthwaite
Harrison-Garner-Gueye-Mangala-McNeil
Ndiaye
Calvert-Lewin
Both McNeil and Harrison are utterly crap as outright wingers, so allow them to play more attacking/defensive as is necessary with the knowledge that we'll always have three big lads at the back covering.

Ndiaye to me looks like he's got it in him to be a brilliant number 10, and that's plenty of bodies in midfield to hopefully keep control of games better against poorer opposition.

Unforgivable for me to see Coleman, Young, Keane and Doucoure getting any further games.

I'm fully aware the above won't happen BTW.

The players are utterly crap and so is the manager. They’ve almost exclusively acquired players who are incapable of making a 5 yard pass since about 2015 and the last 3 managers have been FSW, Lampard and Sean Dyche.

It’s not rocket science really is it?

…..terrific performance for 85mins on Saturday, dropped Doucoure as demanded. Criticised for not making substitutions this season, criticised for making substitutions on Saturday but he has to be culpable for those last 10mins. The margins are so tight, for possibly the first time I think he lost control, allowed those last minutes to happen without intervention and failed to react.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back