2024/25 Sean Dyche

You can use an umbrella to protect you from the sun too @Neiler

The first two games were a cluster ....

The second two, one was the manager messing things up with his subs

The final one is we were out fought

The manager does bare responsibility and his behaviour with his press comments not acknowledging that is very annoying. Saying about "the challenge" here yesterday is an insult to many Evertonians

Given he has responsibility for some of the errors that led to defeats.

Now. I think things will change when we take Keane out and put Branthwaite in, but still. Dyche needs to get in the real world with some of his comments.

He's trying to tell us, what the situation is when WE KNOW what the situation is and don't need telling

He is the situation not the solution

I still can't get over how bad a substitution he made yesterday. There was no need to have so many square pegs in round holes.

At one point we had Garner as a 3rd centre half floating aimlessly around, Harrison at right back and Mcneil had a stint at right wing when he went 5 at the back (which ended up with O'Brien looking like a right wing back in spells)

All the while, a natural right back who didn't disgrace himself against Spurs, sat on the bench whilst Dyche tries every other option than the one that was glaringly obvious.

It's inexcusable management and it happens game after game as he gets far more wrong than he gets right.

This isn't just a blip, this is a continuation from the poor form from Christmas onwards. He can't get the balance right, he hasn't set the team up right, in possession there's no plan in place, there's no plan B.

I'm flabbergasted that anyone thinks he should be given any more time. The excuses have ran out and he's incapable of getting the best out of what is available to him.

6m to sack him or lose 100m to be relegated?
Pretty much what I was going to allude to,
Balance is key, Branthwaite needs to be back this weekend,
We need a manager who actually tries to win football matches and sets the team up to do so, we are being served up some of the worst football you’ll ever see.

Im sure Michael is a lovely bloke, but genuinely knowing hes playing, as well as certain others must be an absolute confidence blow before a ball is even kicked. His record tells you everything you need to know.
We've all played amateur football. Or even bloody five-a-side. We all know the effect having a known weak link in your side has. Especially when the known weak link also knows it...

Corrosive.

The manner of the defeats is what is alarming people.

Dyche has done a really good job up to this season. These four games have been nothing short of disastrous - and the players need to take a lot of criticism for their cowardice. But there is no getting away from the fact that we have found creative and innovative ways to toss points away. For a side with the fourth-best defensive record in the league last season to concede 13 in 4 whilst blowing two (!) two-goal leads in a row is some going.

It's unacceptable.

Will he survive? Nothing will change until the ownership changes. But he will lose supporters - who have backed him, like me - along the way. And when the time comes for us all to put one more shift in to stay up again, I don't think the stomach will be there. People have been made idiots of by this club. These players have found ways to torture the fans this season, giving them false hope and making laughing stocks of us two weeks running. And that exlcudes the 4-0 shellacking. Dyche keeps starting us with nine men - so circumstances aren't a shield for his culpability either.

People are entitled to be fed up. I think we're too sanguine about this appalling start and think we'll soon find ourselves adrift if things don't dramatically change and soon. Branthwaite alone will not be that change. We'll get injuries.

But leaving ALL of that aside, the really saddening thing is to see how standards have dropped among the fanbase now. To be expected, really, but the first four matches this season should never be acceptable or brushed aside. Dyche is expected to get 17th - nothing more. Because that's the KPI from the top. But the manner of these first four games suggests that he is determined to make it an even tighter "great escape" this season that ever before.

But the suggestion that we are conceding goals based on the manager as opposed to not having a settled starting back four for any of our games isn't acknowledged nor is the fact its temporary when players return its seen as a crystalised thing as opposed to being dynamic. Yesterday and Brighton was the same starting back four weve had in any of our games and Myko got injured 10 mins in it. The only real decision to be made in Jake and Keane everything else is dictated by circumstances.

Im not one ioata stressed about relegation, 100% we will be fine, i still think we will be 10th -12th. I think the club has treated the fans abdominally for a long time, the players have a tendency to be surrender monkeys no doubt - i dont see flipping a manager changing that particularly one who has proved he can achieve an outcome in more adverse circumstances then this. We judge things as if we should be competitive to every other team - but we know we havent had the resources of every other team for almost half a decade now, that has a cumulative effect on squad composition - again that doesn't change for anyone else.

I actually dont think people are fed up with Dyche really, they are just fed up with Everton and all you say - during the season the players and manager become the vehicle for that and it ebbs and flows based on results. There is no figure head at the moment at the club bar Dyche - so its the obvious outlet.

I disagree personally i think Branthwaite makes a big impact, he did when he came in at the same stage last season and i think a fit and settled full backs also make a difference.

I dont think things are being swept aside, there's just no point cry arsing about it, without a purpose or looking for root causes, personally i think he is trying transition the play to be more attacking something long wanted on here, but in a contradictory way - now people want the results - the balance is off - the injuries at the back haven't helped.

The expectation piece isnt binary, its not either you have it or not. Lads talk about expectation, but i write i expect us to be 10th-12th - im sure they go - yeah right youl be lucky.

Ill be disappointed and be first in here if we finish 17th - if there are no outside factors at play.

Last edited:

He is the situation not the solution

As you can see in my comments

I attributed blame where it was due:

You can use an umbrella to protect you from the sun too @Neiler

The first two games were a cluster ....

The second two, one was the manager messing things up with his subs

The final one is we were out fought

The manager does bare responsibility and his behaviour with his press comments not acknowledging that is very annoying. Saying about "the challenge" here yesterday is an insult to many Evertonians

Given he has responsibility for some of the errors that led to defeats.

Now. I think things will change when we take Keane out and put Branthwaite in, but still. Dyche needs to get in the real world with some of his comments.

He's trying to tell us, what the situation is when WE KNOW what the situation is and don't need telling

But the suggestion that we are conceding goals based on the manager as opposed to not having a settled starting back four for any of our games isn't acknowledged nor is the fact its tempory when players return its seen as a crystalised thing as opposed to being dynamic. Yesterday and Brighton was same starting back four weve hasd in any of our games and Myko got injured 10 mins in it. The only real decision to be made in Jake and Keane everything else is dictated by circumstances.
We're conceding goals because the manager insists on picking failed players like Michael Keane and past-it players like Ashley Young. That Seamus Coleman is the alternative tells you everything about the derelicition of duty in team planning that the manager HAS to take at least SOME responsibility for. After all, we did spend money in other areas.

Picking Keane and Young is on the manager. Not having better alternatives to Young is also partially on the manager.

But I do agree: these players are cowards. That's not all on the manager. He just needs to start accepting that some of these cowards will never be any sort of solution. When he does that, then some of us can start to blame circumstances rather than his own pig-headeded stubborness for this car crash of a season.

That's a tough run of fixtures we've had: Brighton, Spurs and Villa are teams we always have trouble with and are miles better than us at this moment in time.

The Bournemouth result was the real sickener. At home against a fellow relegation candidate and 2 up with minutes left.

But we have winnable games in the pipeline.

Being 2 points adrift of 15th after these opening tough fixtures is not a disaster. Let's not use a very disappointing start to the season and turn it into a crisis.
Agree its not the easiest run of games but you can't just write off the start of the season.

Teams get unexpected results - Forest yday.

The worst thing for me is not having the players ready again. They're clearly not fit enough to start the season.

The preseason was a shambles and it didn't have to be. The first few games set the tone for the whole season and he flunks it every time.

Exactly same at Burnley if I remember correctly.

People at the game saying there is a clause in his contract if he's sacked he gets a 6m plus payout don't know if true like

Its rubbish mate, not even our barn pot of club run as Badly as it is would put a clause in a contract for a manager we probably expected to have to sack at some point anyway.

Also dyche himself said he absolutely jumped at the chance to manage us so cant see him pushing for that clause either.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back