2024/25 Sean Dyche

Some folk desperately want a shiny new bucket to help plug this leak we’ve had for 4 years now.

Poor analogy, but assuming the leak is soon to be fixed, we don’t need a bucket anymore. We need a good caretaker.
Dyche isn't even that. A good caretaker sees us picking up points and not close to the relegation battle. This joker has us rooted at the foot of the table and not looking likely to change that either anytime soon.

First big Sam didn’t save us from relegation, let’s stop with this nonsense. He took over in November we’re 12th/13th just beat West Ham 4-0, his first game was Huddersfield at home, the worst side in the league, we won 2-0 and went to 9th, 6 months later we were 8th. Also that season we had a very tough start fixture Wise, so he would have had a decent last 25/26 games, probably playing the majority of the bottom sides twice.

Lampard kept us up after Rafael, would have kept us up the season he got sacked, unlikely, but we don’t know. Like had we sacked dyche last season on that horrendous run And a new manager saved us, the majority would have said we would have gone if we kept dyche, so we don’t know what we don’t know.

This is now Dyche’s squad and team, it’s the 3rd time he’s gone back to Keane, the last 2 times failed and Nearly relegated us, until he woke up. He picks young every week if not starting it’s like his go to sub. He played McNeil and Harrison every week last season even though they stank the gaff out most weeks,
I read a stat and it could be wrong, that at one time or another, we had 10 players out of position during the villa game.

We have ageing players because he wants them, he wanted trippier and Phillips. Thelwell offered him 8 players he said no to them all. They were probably young and from abroad. We’ve bought Mangala in and he looks miles off, but he’s played in tbe prem before so that’s a big tick for Sean.

You can make as many excuses as you like, but we are horrible to watch, play the worst football in the league. Worst winless run in 60 years, 6-0 v Chelsea was our biggest defeat in years. Worst start this season since the 50’s. Back to back defeats from 2-0 I think that’s never happened before. And 5 wins in 30. That’s all
On Dyche’s watch. He shouldn’t be in tbe job now it’s a disgrace that he still is.
Closer to relegation and with less games left when Ancelotti came in. Yet it’s never talked about that he came in to initially keep us up. Yet people still peddle that Allardyce was brought into keep us up.

Sure you can. It’s just balance. In the same way that others can say that “X” player and “Y” player are atrocious but simultaneously say that we have no alternatives and Dyche needs to get better results and performances.

Nobody, as far as I can see, is saying the manager is immune from criticism. Far from it. He’s made mistakes and must do better. We’re almost in October and we’ve been statistically the worst side in Europe’s top leagues by any metric you care to measure. I’ll absolutely criticise Dyche.

But I can also say that he did a great job last season, especially with the points deductions and all the noise around that. He got more out of players I never thought possible. McNeill, Doucoure and Branthwaite, too. He deserves credit for that.

This season, he’s had to sell Onana and he’s been without several of our best players. It’s been a poor start yet again but he deserves time to turn it around, in my opinion.
Deserves no credit for coaching branthwaite. Said himself last week that he just left him to it and stayed away.

Sure you can. It’s just balance. In the same way that others can say that “X” player and “Y” player are atrocious but simultaneously say that we have no alternatives and Dyche needs to get better results and performances.

Nobody, as far as I can see, is saying the manager is immune from criticism. Far from it. He’s made mistakes and must do better. We’re almost in October and we’ve been statistically the worst side in Europe’s top leagues by any metric you care to measure. I’ll absolutely criticise Dyche.

But I can also say that he did a great job last season, especially with the points deductions and all the noise around that. He got more out of players I never thought possible. McNeill, Doucoure and Branthwaite, too. He deserves credit for that.

This season, he’s had to sell Onana and he’s been without several of our best players. It’s been a poor start yet again but he deserves time to turn it around, in my opinion.
Good post. Although, I'm not sure selling Onana is a good excuse..

There's x2 Onana's.
- The Everton one who under a underperformed last season, as a result was dropped most of the 2nd half of the season and surplus to requirements for Dyche as the team was doing much better without him and getting results
- The Aston Villa one's who's started incredibly well under the guidance of a top manager.

Obviously now, he's doing well.. Dyche used the same nonsense excuse recently too, crying we lost the 'Aston Villa version'

That’s exactly my point. He arrived to a team battling relegation and what resources has he been granted to improve the team that he was given?

In 4 transfer windows, the club has given him Young, Beto, Chermiti, Iroebugnam, Ndiaye and O’Brien as permanent signings. All the while selling Onana, Iwobi, Godfrey, Gray, Mina & Townsend among others.

How many of those are Dyche signings and how many were foisted upon him? How many of those let go would he rather have kept?

Again, he has to do better with what he has and much of the criticism is valid but I do feel a degree of sympathy for the conditions he’s being expected to thrive in.

The 48 points last year has probably raised expectations beyond what I believe this squad is capable of.
He’s meant to have knocked back 8 potential signings from Thelwell so he must have been happy with the ones rhey did sign

First big Sam didn’t save us from relegation, let’s stop with this nonsense. He took over in November we’re 12th/13th just beat West Ham 4-0, his first game was Huddersfield at home, the worst side in the league, we won 2-0 and went to 9th, 6 months later we were 8th. Also that season we had a very tough start fixture Wise, so he would have had a decent last 25/26 games, probably playing the majority of the bottom sides twice.

Lampard kept us up after Rafael, would have kept us up the season he got sacked, unlikely, but we don’t know. Like had we sacked dyche last season on that horrendous run And a new manager saved us, the majority would have said we would have gone if we kept dyche, so we don’t know what we don’t know.

This is now Dyche’s squad and team, it’s the 3rd time he’s gone back to Keane, the last 2 times failed and Nearly relegated us, until he woke up. He picks young every week if not starting it’s like his go to sub. He played McNeil and Harrison every week last season even though they stank the gaff out most weeks,
I read a stat and it could be wrong, that at one time or another, we had 10 players out of position during the villa game.

We have ageing players because he wants them, he wanted trippier and Phillips. Thelwell offered him 8 players he said no to them all. They were probably young and from abroad. We’ve bought Mangala in and he looks miles off, but he’s played in tbe prem before so that’s a big tick for Sean.

You can make as many excuses as you like, but we are horrible to watch, play the worst football in the league. Worst winless run in 60 years, 6-0 v Chelsea was our biggest defeat in years. Worst start this season since the 50’s. Back to back defeats from 2-0 I think that’s never happened before. And 5 wins in 30. That’s all
On Dyche’s watch. He shouldn’t be in tbe job now it’s a disgrace that he still is.
Top post, this man completely fails to understand that football ball should entertain along with results.
He never has and never will.

He loses to Leicester and I think we will and it’s going to be toxic.

Awful results, terrible football, entertainment is shocking.

This Leicester game has the feeling of that West Ham away under Lampard. A complete surrender of the points. Don’t know why he’s still in a job, the manner of the Villa defeat should’ve seen him out the door. Every game under him from this point forward is a wasted game.

It's fine as an option but not if you continue to play in the same way, which we did
Exactly.
It illustrated once again how poor his in game management is.
Right idea in this case but the wrong solution.
He seems to lack any real ability to read a game or to influence it once we kick off.
Nowadays with so many subs it’s a serious deficit in his abilities.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back