2024/25 Sean Dyche

I've always had him down as a pragmatist. Think he pulled off a minor miracle keeping the club up after Lampard and last season was a creditable finish given the deductions and chaos but....

There's nothing pragmatic about that possession stat at home to Southampton. Especially in a League Cup game that affects pretty much nothing of significance. There was a few chances created that could have seen the game put away beyond doubt as there was at Villa but this constant rejection of possession puts far too much strain on a defence and lets the opposition play at their own pace.

4 league games in isn't sacking time for me but change in approach is required. I don't expect tika-taka but consistent below 30% possession is unsustainable.

Yep.

@GrandOldTeam, any chance you can blacklist these? I know I asked back in June but you said they are merely an aggregator.

I think they twist quotes so shouldn't be considered as just passing another source's info on.

@God, any chance you can get this guy to *explain how* the quote was twisted? I genuinely don't understand what these people think the longer quote proves. It changes nothing!

Here's a stat that will hammer home why dyche isn't good enough...

The ball was in play for 55 minutes when we played Southampton. That means Everton only had possession for 14 minutes, based on our 26% possession. Can't find the breakdown of possession by 3rd, but assuming it was an even 33%, that means we spent just under 5 minutes in attacking positions.

How on earth can you win a game in 5 minutes, especially if the other team scores?
But... We had more shots at goal, and if there was more composure from Beto for one chance, and if one of Lindstrøm’s two 1v1s had been converted, or he even passed to Beto, we still would have won the game, and that isn't on Dyche that is an Everton problem we have had since Carlo left us.

When the team gets into the final third we seem to lose all composure, this happened under Benitez, Lampard and now Dyche (As an aside, it also happened at the rump end of the seasons with Carlo..?)

We just don't seem to be very good at being composed or clinical. Is that three (four?) managers or something at FF? DCL mainly credited his 'record' season to Davide Ancelotti and Big Dunc giving him extra coaching; so do we not only need psychologists, but an attack/shooting coach?

Just askin'

He’s raging. He’s not having the audacity of anyone questioning his awful decisions or his awful record since December, how dare we ask for more wins. He has checked out. Expect more nonsensical tactics and teamsheets, he doesn’t know anything else and he certainly doesn’t have the humility to change. This fella is doubling down on his terrible selections because the law of averages will surely get him a draw or win in which his favourites are all playing, this will make him feel vindicated and the same cycle will roll on.
Why does this club have to let the corpse rot and fester before they even consider change, we are a bin fire. The end is near for the Snotmeister general, I feel.
This is it Clarky, Dyche bases his whole 'system' around the percentages. Right now, he is like a gambler playing the odds, and not getting a result, hence the winless streak, hence the 'raging' and to my mind frustration. Yet, if his 'system' starts paying out, he'll relax more and in all probability become more reasoned about his selections and tactics. Again, being fair, he has had a very poor hand with regards injuries, surgical procedures and sickness thus far...

We have to remember (@matty1878 ) he is not likely to be going anywhere soon, for all the reasons mentioned repetitively over these pages.

The only way Dyche goes early, for me (and not my preferred option), is when we get bought out!

I've always had him down as a pragmatist. Think he pulled off a minor miracle keeping the club up after Lampard and last season was a creditable finish given the deductions and chaos but....

There's nothing pragmatic about that possession stat at home to Southampton. Especially in a League Cup game that affects pretty much nothing of significance. There was a few chances created that could have seen the game put away beyond doubt as there was at Villa but this constant rejection of possession puts far too much strain on a defence and lets the opposition play at their own pace.

4 league games in isn't sacking time for me but change in approach is required. I don't expect tika-taka but consistent below 30% possession is unsustainable.
Doesn’t matter that it’s 4 league games into a new season, it’s 6 league wins since December that matters and that is not good enough.

We look at our chances against Villa as ‘what if’, well what about their missed chances?

We’re an awful team from front to back.

Yep.

@GrandOldTeam, any chance you can blacklist these? I know I asked back in June but you said they are merely an aggregator.

I think they twist quotes so shouldn't be considered as just passing another source's info on.

I do wish people wouldn't post aggregators mate. I often post to discourage it, and we did have this during the transfer window;

Screenshot_20240919_194139_Chrome.webp

At best, they don't respect the original source who should get the credit and clicks to avoid misrepresentation. At worst, they're engagement farming and know what they're doing.

Either way - it would be good if we all publicly discouraged their posting and all made an effort to post direct.

Give Dyche credit you animals!!!!

He’s won 5 games since December and broke 2 of worst records in that period, where is the respect
We picking and choosing records? First time a manager has kept a team in the league with not one pts deduction but two. Was 1 way away from equalling a home win record not been achieved since 2019. 4th best defence in the league last season. 48 pts, our best in years. But that was all 'luck' to you guys.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back