2024/25 Sean Dyche

Doesn’t matter what the fans think of Dyche. If Moshiri doesn’t want to spend the money, Dyche is safe until the ownership changes, whatever happens. Moshiri will more than likely be long gone by the end of the season and hopefully a lot sooner so he won’t be concerned about any relegation fight at this stage.

How many wins do you think this Everton team should realistically demand in 27 games?

Within those 27 games are also 9 draws including away to Villa, Newcastle, Brighton and at home to Spurs.

In terms of personnel, on paper, I think we have one of the 3 least desirable squads in the Premier League.

Dyche needs to do better, but that's what he's been given to work with, all while selling our best players and shopping in Food banks in the transfer market.
27 games is potentially 81 points on paper though and that's an awful lot of points. This is the PL don't forget and we need to be ready to offer up and play against all the other 19 teams in the league. This culture of 'Expected defeats' that has developed going into certain games needs to stop, it's a negative, defeatist mentality.

You disagreed it was a winnable fixture
No I didn't.

The poster previously was talking about 'kind fixtures' and that Brighton, Villa and Spurs aren't necessarily kind. The next poster then suggested that Brighton shouldn't be part of that. I disagree, as I think they're a good side.

I think Brighton are better side than us, but a home fixture should be an advantage, so it's a 50/50 type fixture.

I disagree with the notion that it is as easy as people are alluding to.

We played well and got a point today .
Should have been 3
He needs to keep it up now .
He will always be flawed .
And when we regain our ambition he won’t be the manager we need .
But for now , he and the team need to accumulate points.
We have to expect a win against Palace , anything else is failure and devalues the good work today .
But he should allow himself a beer and listen to a bit of music tonight .

No I didn't.

The poster previously was talking about 'kind fixtures' and that Brighton, Villa and Spurs aren't necessarily kind. The next poster then suggested that Brighton shouldn't be part of that. I disagree, as I think they're a good side.

I think Brighton are better side than us, but a home fixture should be an advantage, so it's a 50/50 type fixture.

I disagree with the notion that it is as easy as people are alluding to.
So, if you agreed with @DanEFC92 that the Brighton match was, indeed, a winnable fixture, then what was the point of your post? Did you just have to get it off your chest that Brighton are a decent side absent of any context?

So, if you agreed with @DanEFC92 that the Brighton match was, indeed, a winnable fixture, then what was the point of your post? Did you just have to get it off your chest that Brighton are a decent side absent of any context?
You're a weird person. I've explained the reasoning and context.

Since you're wrong and have gone off on tangents, you're trying to shift arguments and tell me I've literally said things when I haven't. Tedious.

You're a weird person. I've explained the reasoning and context.
No, you haven't. You explained why Brighton are, in your opinion, much better than us but also claim that you always thought we could have beaten them at home despite commenting on a post stating that Brighton was a winnable game by disagreeing. It seems very much, to me, that you want to construct a narrative where all losses are acceptable, and that the coach is simultaneously powerless to prevent these losses but also is going to comfortably secure the top flight status of the club.

No, you haven't. You explained why Brighton are, in your opinion, much better than us but also claim that you always thought we could have beaten them at home despite commenting on a post stating that Brighton was a winnable game by disagreeing. It seems very much, to me, that you want to construct a narrative where all losses are acceptable, and that the coach is simultaneously powerless to prevent these losses but also is going to comfortably secure the top flight status of the club.
I haven't once said losses are acceptable, but there are contexts and reasonings to why they may happen and be more likely than in other scenarios. Same as wins.

It seems you, and many others are unwilling to accept or understand those realities.

Ok, sorry, let me correct my prior statement. The losses aren't acceptable, they're just not Dyche's fault. Got it.
Haven't said that either, I think Dyche, the players and club are all at fault for certain situations we have been through recently.

I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to admit that there are better teams than us in the division, even if it is smaller clubs like Brighton.

You seem to keep wanting to put words in other people's mouths.

Haven't said that either, I think Dyche, the players and club are all at fault for certain situations we have been through recently.

I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to admit that there are better teams than us in the division, even if it is smaller clubs like Brighton.

You seem to keep wanting to put words in other people's mouths.
It's difficult to know exactly what you mean as you often argue both sides, sometimes even within a single post.

Or it would be, if everything wasn't so nakedly apologist for a failing manager.

He's basically in a race against time to get Branthwaite back before the club simply has to sack him to save face.

Having a top-tier defender enabled him to get away with murder last season, but he's completely exposed at the moment.

Are you a majority?

Ok, a new manager might do better. But they might do worse over 33 games than Dyche will...and that will get us relegated.

Be careful what you wish for.
Or Dyche could repeat what he did at Burnley and continue to circle the drain, using the same tactics until eventually gets you relegated.

Unfortunately Dave, the data points to Dyche relegating a team more

He's basically in a race against time to get Branthwaite back before the club simply has to sack him to save face.

Having a top-tier defender enabled him to get away with murder last season, but he's completely exposed at the moment.
It's mad that some people were suggesting us selling him over the summer was what we should have done. Really surprised and delighted that he's still here (Branthwaite , obvs, not Dyche!) and he can't get fit quickly enough as we've been a defensive shambles in his absence.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back