Season 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblue

Player Valuation: £60m
I think there will be enormous changes this summer , in terms of ownership and playing staff. Everything was on hold until the outcome of the games yesterday was decided but the changes can start in earnest now.

In terms of playing staff I think we need to realise the manager decided how to get the best out of the group to avoid relegation and there may be players like Coady who did not have as big a part to play as he would have liked but may have a bigger part going forward.

I think there are very few of this squad really secure in knowing they have a future at the club.
I feel that Pickford,Coleman, Patterson, Tarkowski,Mykolenko, Gana, Garner, Onana, McNeill , Iwobi and DCL are possibly the only players that are definitely wanted and even a couple of those may be sold if there are bids for them that are attractive enough.

Everybody else I feel could be allowed to leave even though in terms of numbers alone a number will have to remain.

I think there is possibly a more realistic acceptance this year that after two seasons flirting with relegation that eventually the day will come when our last day heroics will fail.

I do believe at last we have a capable manager, it does appear as if we will have an altered board and maybe even a new one.

Players have to be signed in particular a striker or even strikers and as well equally important we need to bring some creativity as it is a trait that is almost totally lacking in this squad.

Can anyone genuinely make a case for top half finish?

Of course it's too early with transfers and stuff but it seems near impossible currently yet Brentford and Fulham have only been in this league for two and 12 months respectively and both comfortably got top half and 50 + points playing very decent football.

A Palace type season should be a realistic target anyway. Bar the wobble when they lost a few and sacked Vieria they've been comfortable mid table all season. 11th place and 45 points.

No way 45 points should be deemed an unrealistic target despite the general low standards set these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.