Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Sexy goth

Status
Not open for further replies.
* unless the woman in question finds you attractive. Then, it seems, its a compliment and all is overlooked.

Life's rules are complicated.
Pure classic GOT thread. Utter madness to think that is normal behaviour Jeffrey

And then in pops GOTs resident misogynist Chris with his tuppence worth.
Unlike the common media representation, I happen to know women who like this attention. I guess this balances my view of the world.

I'll add that I personally have and never would do such a thing, not do I want to. Most women don't need men's comments about their attractiveness, it seems to me, they use mirrors, copious mineral stained greases* and self obsession to do that.

You misunderstand my comments entirely. I'm not a misogynist at all. My general dislike of men and women and their herd-like behaviours and foolishness is in equal measure (*men too hide behind makeup and fall prey to simple minded advertising). If I have commented more against women's attitudes recently, it is only through weariness and irritation at the persistent misandristic bile that issues daily from the British media.
Your comments in previous threads, your first comment in this one and then your follow up comment to rafuh here now lead me to believe I haven't misunderstood anything. I would say you misunderstand what you are.
My comment, and my response might seem extreme in a snowflake world where people make a profession of being offended, and social media crowds like to feel sophisticated by doing the equivalent of medieval mobs at the gallows, getting assurances from the herd that they are of like mind and have no opinions that go against what the media programme them with.

Whatever you like to think. No odds to me, stranger on the net. I don't need your approbation.

For the record, in 30 years of teaching I've never been called what you are implying. I also pioneered (with a few other teachers) girls football in the town's schools, where previously there had been no provision.
With my ex-wife I helped found the first ladies rugby team in the town.

Hardly the actions of a woman hater.

As I said, as a rule I dislike men and women equally. It's stupidity I really dislike and both genders are equally capable.
Childish argument. You dont agree with me so you must be manipulated by the all powerful media...
Ah so you've descended into likening my argument to that of a child. Hardly very eloquent and at the same time you are utterly avoiding making any rational counter argument.

This is exactly why whatever you say about me gets a shrug. I recall your amusing name tag but other than that I don't recall any contribution of yours that earns either my respect or wastes areas of memory.

Try to be original and thoughtful or amusing and I'll start to take notice of your opinions, should you ever become brave enough to share your true thoughts.

(You do know that the media is the control arm of the state, taking the place of the now unfashionable churches to programme thought, right?)
I didnt descend into anything. I read your opening paragraph with the obligatory use of the word snowflake and my thought was childish argument. You didnt make a point to argue. You smugly infer you think differently and are in the right and those that disagree are sheep following the media.

In fairness though i didnt really have a point to make. I was just having a dig at a poster who seems a bit of an old fashioned sexist. I am sure the topic will come up again in a more relevant thread rather than this bizarre one.....and we can discuss your fascinatingly original views.

More on topic, unfortunately I dont think Jeff will be back to this thread. I hope hes not still at the bus stop with his polaroid
Before assuming that I am sexist, therefore, I cordially invite you to read beyond that first paragraph and furnish yourself with some context.

Jeff made the comment that he politely asked to take a photo and was declined - he respected that answer.
This isn't something that would have crossed my mind to do, but bear in mind he had just been asked by another poster to stump up the photos.

Again, a bit of context might suggest that his request to photo her was just a bit of GOT banter rather than a true act. That's how read it, but the easily-offended-hyenas here scented an opportunity to be offended and get attention.

I suspect @Bungle knew this too - he's bright enough, but was doing a bit of mischievous / entertaining stirring which the rest fell for hook line and sinker.
well considering I was talking about a poster calling someone a to55er and trying to justify seedy behaviour, if the opposite is me looking down on non grown up things, then I guess im in that camp

why don't you not reply to people with a passive aggressive tone wrapped up by saying mate.......MATE
What's the context that makes you think they were joking? Seems like he confirms it on the 3rd page, no?

You again spend most of your post dismissing the majority of posters more or less as simple minded fools by the way. We've all fallen for it whilst you didnt and simply joined the thread to note the important point that some women might like to be creepily asked to have their photo taken at a bus stop by a stranger. It was nice of you to climb down off your high horse to share that info Chris.
What makes me think they were joking?

Well, geesh, I have eyes and a fair but if experience of humans i suppose.

And since I'm spelling stuff out, my point was that not ALL women would find it creepy, especially if they found the person to be attractive. Some do and that's their prerogative. Goodness knows how they'll ever find a nate though, but that's evolution. The birth rate is dropping I suppose, so that ties in.

As for high horse, well yes, I'll climb aboard that to defend myself when somebody us on theirs trying to suggest that I have deficiencies as a human - as I have done with you. Now you get off your horse and drink your milk.
Haha

A great reply. Doubling down on the arrogance and sexism

Keep digging that hole Christine
In tears at your attempt here! lol

I suggest you two discuss your off topic misogynistic debate elsewhere.

The rest of us want to debate a sexy/missing goth, ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back