Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Sexy goth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the difference is we've all used the mental image to do it, rather than actually ask for an image to take home as a keepsake
So your gripe is with him asking for a photo? Oh, my mistake then I thought it was for objectifying women and being a nonce ,well then by all means continue to take the moral high ground.

To be honest I really don't see the big deal in asking for a photo if the delivery is ok. For example if you pull a Rik Mayall face and noise and jut out your crotch towards her and say something like "can I have pic love to beat my meat to" then rightly that person should have an interview with the police later on that day.

Not that I would ever have the gumption to do so but if you meet someone in public and there is an attraction that you can't ignore and during a polite conversation you ask nicely "would you mind if I take a photo of you as I have never seen anyone so beautiful blah blah..." or even better words to that effect then she'll either say yes or no. Some people might find it a bit off, some wouldn't mind. I bet there have been hundreds of relationships spawned from similar events. The important thing is to be respectful and not invade someone's personal space and if they say no to leave it at that.

The hoo-ha on here is funny as always, almost like people should always walk around with their heads bowed down not to make eye contact with anyone. Like it is more normal to sit there looking at pictures on tinder to decide who to meet, sure there has never been any awkward moments when people do that... :Blink:

That said if you are a middle age man asking that of a young woman (< mid twenties) that is creepy right from the off. So there are conditions to it like anything.

To be honest I really don't see the big deal in asking for a photo if the delivery is ok. For example if you pull a Rik Mayall face and noise and jut out your crotch towards her and say something like "can I have pic love to beat my meat to" then rightly that person should have an interview with the police later on that day.

Not that I would ever have the gumption to do so but if you meet someone in public and there is an attraction that you can't ignore and during a polite conversation you ask nicely "would you mind if I take a photo of you as I have never seen anyone so beautiful blah blah..." or even better words to that effect then she'll either say yes or no. Some people might find it a bit off, some wouldn't mind. I bet there have been hundreds of relationships spawned from similar events. The important thing is to be respectful and not invade someone's personal space and if they say no to leave it at that.

The hoo-ha on here is funny as always, almost like people should always walk around with their heads bowed down not to make eye contact with anyone. Like it is more normal to sit there looking at pictures on tinder to decide who to meet, sure there has never been any awkward moments when people do that... :Blink:

No mate. It’s invasive and disgusting. @bigbadjeff needs to make a full and formal apology to everyone on the forum.

That said if you are a middle age man asking that of a young woman (< mid twenties) that is creepy right from the off. So there are conditions to it like anything.

You are not a woman so I am sure you don't see the big deal.

It is creepy. No matter the delivery. No matter if you are similar age, older or younger. CREEPY!

Seriously. WTF are you going to do with a photo of a complete stranger that you find attractive that doesn't have a big ick factor?

And what about safety? Using a photo you could find where some one lives or works.

It is creepy. No matter the delivery. No matter if you are similar age, older or younger. CREEPY!

Seriously. WTF are you going to do with a photo of a complete stranger that you find attractive that doesn't have a big ick factor?

And what about safety? Using a photo you could find where some one lives or works.

I'm aware of your opinion on the matter and I respect your view but you have to admit you cannot speak on behalf of ALL women, it might be the majority but not all. I know a few that wouldn't have an issue with it. Go on you tube and watch practical jokers steal kisses from women as well as film them in the process, some people are carefree and cheeky enough to get away with it as all fun and games when it is far more invasive and bordering on assault.

Do I think it is the norm? Of course not but saying a blanket no on it across the board is just not human. What if the bloke is a photographer, they not allowed to ask too?

I agree with you completely that asking a random person with no hint of trying to see that person again is creepy. But some wouldn't bat an eyelid (I'm talking about girls here). As for safety, you have probably seen Facebook, Instagram, twitter, dating apps. You can build up a far better idea of where someone lives and works and all other stuff from hundreds of photos that are enabled for everyone to see, than one random shot in public. That doesn't sound sensible to you or me but some people aren't and they just don't give a hoot.

If someone called Jeff asked my wife, who is not a goth, for a picture I wouldn’t be happy.

But Jeff didn’t think of that. Jeff was for himself. Selfish Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back