Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Share your traumatic Everton game experience

When the old woman who sits in the Upper Gwladys shouts in a very high pitched voice "Come on boys you can do this" when we are several goals down with a couple of minutes left is a traumatic experience that happens too regularly. There are people by me keen to find out where she's sitting in the new ground so they can make sure they're nowhere near.

In recent years, I think Bournemouth is up there alongside being rolled over late on by Watford; the Moyes Wigan game is still a sore moment.

But for me, going out to Fiorentina on penalties after a tearing them a new one for most of the game is particularly bad, and more so due to the atmosphere.

I am convinced we'd have gone on and won it if that hadn't had happened. You've then got all the cup final defeats since the 80s onwards, but they're more raw.

One of my absolute favourite "horrible memories" Everton has given me was when Mirallas ripped ball from Baines and took that penalty. It was one of those karma moments that can only go one way. Absolute rot that. Still haunts me.
Bainsy let Lukaku do the same in the semi final at Wembley v United, and Jagielka the captain never said a dicky bird both times!

When the old woman who sits in the Upper Gwladys shouts in a very high pitched voice "Come on boys you can do this" when we are several goals down with a couple of minutes left is a traumatic experience that happens too regularly. There are people by me keen to find out where she's sitting in the new ground so they can make sure they're nowhere near.
Sounds like that could one the ketwig lads who’s plums haven’t dropped in the Gwladys below mate.

Getting trounced by Arsenal by 7 goals was pretty bad. The FA cup semi where everybody watching could see what needed to be done apart from Martinez and the team just went rogue in the second half was terrible too. Countless losses to absolute dross for years and years and years.

I think my main trauma surrounding Everton wasn’t one moment but just the amount of times I’ve watched them show up and just be totally unable to do the bare basic fundamentals of the game of football regardless of players, manager etc and I’ve just wasted time and money for zero return.

I think for every good moment there’s about 10 bad ones

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back